• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So what do people do with a million dollar comic, as far as storing it goes???

40 posts in this topic

I was talking with a co-worker about this today when discussing the current AC #1 on Comic Connect. The question came up, what do the rich people do with their uber valuable, 100K plus books after they buy them?

Do they keep them in a safe deposit box? Do they display them in a fort knox display room? Let it be displayed in a museum somewhere and collect the insurance should anything happen to it? How would you store a million dollar comic?

Thoughts, ideas, option, opinions?

Jerome

I would guess that if you own a comic that is that expensive, it would represent less than 10% of your net worth (typically). Therefore, storing it in a safe at your home is as legit as keeping very expensive jewelery, etc. But obviously many people store expensive books at safe deposit boxes. Just depends on the person.

Personally, I would keep it close so I could admire and enjoy it from time to time, late at night, whenever I felt like it. And I wouldn't advertise that I keep it at home...

Do they keep them in a safe deposit box? Do they display them in a fort knox display room? Let it be displayed in a museum somewhere and collect the insurance should anything happen to it? How would you store a million dollar comic?

Jerome

Opinions will differ, but to me there's not much point of owning a million dollar comic unless you can look at it regularly and reflect upon how freaking awesome it is that you own a million dollar comic.

So I'd say the fort knox comic room would be the way to go. And then inside a nice display case, of some kind, probably.

I was uncomfortable enough with my Avengers 1 that I didn't want to hang onto it and sold it. Just too many resources tied up in a single book for me to have it hanging around.

I would guess that if you own a comic that is that expensive, it would represent less than 10% of your net worth (typically). Therefore, storing it in a safe at your home is as legit as keeping very expensive jewelery, etc. But obviously many people store expensive books at safe deposit boxes. Just depends on the person.

Personally, I would keep it close so I could admire and enjoy it from time to time, late at night, whenever I felt like it. And I wouldn't advertise that I keep it at home...

(thumbs u

Jerome

Opinions will differ, but to me there's not much point of owning a million dollar comic unless you can look at it regularly and reflect upon how freaking awesome it is that you own a million dollar comic.

great quote lol