• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Is Your Biggest Defect Pet Peeve?

46 posts in this topic

In order...my top 10

Water stains

Rusty staples

Popped staples

Creases

Missing Pieces

Tears

Foxing/Mold

Sticker/Tape

Writing on book (not names but when people doodle, or figure out simple math problems)

Cut out coupons

We've done this thread about twenty times before, if I'm not mistaken . . . :grin:

With some rearranging:

Water stains

Rusty staples

Missing Pieces / Cut out coupons

Mold

Foxing

Sticker/Tape

Writing on book (not names but when people doodle, or figure out simple math problems)

Tears

Popped staples

Creases

I hate mint/near mint condition books. One mishandle or drop and it's down the tubes. Hate having that kind of pressure on my collection.

I hate hearing you suffer like that. Just send me all your mint/near mint books and go back to living a care free life!

:jokealert:

I hate mint/near mint condition books. One mishandle or drop and it's down the tubes. Hate having that kind of pressure on my collection.

Someone who considers himself a Dr. should have better hands.

I found a piece of cookie in an old GA book once. I can only guess the age of the crumbs, but they might have been 50-60 years old. They left oil stains on the interior pages.

This makes at least the fifth time I've heard this story...

Someone who considers himself a Dr. should have better hands.

I specialize in breasts. They only drop a few centimeters before they bounce back up.

Brittleness

Pieces missing from cover

Tape pulls on the cover

Tape/Stickers

Staple pops

Spine splits

Mold/Foxing

Rusty Staples/Heavier Water Damage

Hidden defects like interior tears or pieces cut out

Water Stains

Writing

Creasing

Color Rubs/Loss of Gloss

I found a piece of cookie in an old GA book once. I can only guess the age of the crumbs, but they might have been 50-60 years old. They left oil stains on the interior pages.

Did you eat it? Old cookies have a long shelf life.

I saw a guy buy a wax pack of baseball cards from the 50's and he chewed the piece of gum in it. It pretty much dissolved after a few chews.

Did you eat it? Old cookies have a long shelf life.

Boogers and Jizz, other mucous-like substances stuck between pages! :sick: