• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Massive late 50s/early 60s DC collection unearthed!!

1,017 posts in this topic

Any of the sci-fi books?

Yes, MIS (53, 54, etc), TOTU (40, 43, etc), Altas (very early TTA, TOS, JIM, ST, etc).

The owner purchased most every title from '57 to '60.

Just keep glancing at the thread. (thumbs u

Hey guys, my dad (peewee22) and I just purchased an original owner 1950s/early 60s DC collection. It is massive and contains most every DC series in this era. The owner, who is 66, purchased the collection off the stands from a local drug store in Colorado, where he grew up. We have made a friend for life in communciations with him.

There are approx 2,000 books in the collection.

Wow! An original owner DC collection from fifty years ago. Unbelievable!

Congratulations!

(thumbs u

The heck with the comics; I love that old Los Angeles Rams helmet from the sixties when, for a brief time, they changed their colors to blue and white. Very cool!!!!

SLR

My dad (peewee22) worships the Rams. Always has.

To answer TTH2's question the pq on some of the books is white, including war 81

To clarify, many of the books PQ is typical DC creamish. For some reason the OAAWs were preserved much better. The 81 (see the earlier scan) PQ is astounding (and ya'll know how picky I am). White and fresh.

The OAAW colection is like picking up 1990s books but at some point you realize these books are 1950s.

Probably the nicest collection of OAAWs (all collectively speaking) brought to surface.

Understand many of the books are nice but not this nice. Some have H2O damage and some do not. Some are kinda bowed (nothing bad) due to being stored in stacks for decades. The storage alignment caused some dust shadowing on some of the books.

Bryan is very excited but I wanted to clarify this. 2c

Any of the sci-fi books?

Yes, MIS (53, 54, etc), TOTU (40, 43, etc), Altas (very early TTA, TOS, JIM, ST, etc).

The owner purchased most every title from '57 to '60.

Just keep glancing at the thread. (thumbs u

Wonderful collection. Lets see some of the pre-hero Atlas books!