• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT - Scariest Movie Moment

280 posts in this topic

Scenes from two films of recent vintage, both by the same director, chill me to my core, Ringu and Dark Water, both by Hideo Nakata. I can't really describe the key scenes in either without spoiling them, but I was scared less by both. Several times.

The scene from Alien previously mentioned is classic as well.

Any movie you wont see a second time because they either scared you to much or weirded you out beyond anything?

Texas Chainsaw Massacre (original version)...i will not see that again, Leather face was just a little to insane for me! insane.gif

i thought that movie was REALLY bad, horrible! confused.gif the omen 2 scared me for awhile too, like months. shy.gif

Any movie you wont see a second time because they either scared you to much or weirded you out beyond anything?

Takashi Miike's Audition and Herman Yau's The Untold Story.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre (original version)...i will not see that again, Leather face was just a little to insane for me! insane.gif

Texas Chainsaw Massacre was the freakiest scary movie ever. Scary and freaky. Freaky and scary. If you ever get the chance, the version with the director, etc. talking over it does tone it down a bit and gives some good insight into just what they were thinking, the freaks.

What about Evil Dead???

It's an unrelated story.

The Ringu sequel (Ringu 2) and prequel (Ringu 0: Basudei) are both worth hunting down to see. Neither are as good as the original, but both are excellent.

Nakata didn't direct the prequel.

I would also recommend reading the novels upon which the films are based. The first was translated and released last year.

i thought that movie was REALLY bad, horrible! confused.gif the omen 2 scared me for awhile too, like months. shy.gif

it was bad...but in a freaky deaky way! crazy.gif

- The original Night of the Living Dead...

This one was it for me.. I saw it as an extremely young child as well and it gave me nightmares for weeks.

The odd thing is that it turns out I have a distant relative on my sister-in-law's side who was IN that movie. He was one of the sheriffs/policemen.

This one was it for me.. I saw it as an extremely young child as well and it gave me nightmares for weeks.

The odd thing is that it turns out I have a distant relative on my sister-in-law's side who was IN that movie. He was one of the sheriffs/policemen.

BTW, picked this up a number of years ago, signed by most of the original cast members.

living.jpg

BTW, picked this up a number of years ago, signed by most of the original cast members.

living.jpg

This movie [!@#%^&^] me up so bad when I was a kid that I couldn't even play Resident Evil 2 years later when I was in high school.

I saw it back in the 90's but I don't remember how much of the plot I might have imagined. For some reason I thought the guy cut off his legs becuase he was so short he just couldn't stand it anymore. But it sounds so outlandish that I'm unsure what the hell really happened in the movie that I seem to have memories of.

living.jpg

That's very cool. thumbsup2.gif

I actually bought the DVD and my sister-in-law pointed out the scene that he appears in (but I don't remember what scene it was specifically.) Watching it again though... it's not nearly as scary. tongue.gif

"Let's Scare Jessica To Death" has some scary moments, the one in particular that still makes me shiver is when the vampire/ghost girl walks up out of the lake in that moldy old wedding dress! YIKES!! "The Ring" has a scene very similar.

Added bonus: Jessica is played by the Goya woman...you know "Goya, Oh Boya!"

Yeah, I remember seeing that one....it was pretty disturbing. Don't they come into town driving a hearse...Jessica and her friends that is.

The single scariest moment in film happened to me at age 9 when I saw the 1959 HOUSE ON HAUNTED HILL at the Newton Paramount theater (those were the days!)

The whole film really freaked me but the scene where the old woman suddenly appeared HAH in the secret tunnel. I thought I was going to burrow into my seat.

The second scariest was IT CONQUERED THE WORLD (1956 and also saw it first run but in some Boston theater with an older cousin - my earliest scare memory) with the flying bat-like creatures attacking the back of the neck and implanting their little mind-controllers.

The scene in "The Exorcist" when the Priest is coming up the escalator (out of the subway) and the demon's face flashes on the screen for just a split second.

I've still never seen that movie.

I've seen Amityville Horror twice. Last time was probably 15 years ago or more. Scared the hell out of me.

But the scariest movie I ever saw was Halloween. I saw it on TV back around 1981 or so when my parents were out and my siblings and I were with the babysitter. That movie [!@#%^&^] me up for months.

The Exorcist is an absolute classic and is definately a MUST SEE!!

This is one of those movies that even to this day I watch it and freaks me out.

The recorded backwards demon-talking, the demon swearing at the preist in his recently deceased mothers voice, the little girl stabbing her virginity with a crucifix all of this was

a clear example of what movies lack today...

Attention to detail!!

Even the director slapped the actress that played the mother "For Real" to get the

anger/fear facial expression that was needed for when Regan was in her first demonic rage.

Oh yea, one horror masterpiece that I can't believe hasn't been mechioned yet

is the Shining! I own and watch The Excorcist and The Shining about once a year because

these two are exaples of a horror movie - at its best!

My favorite part of the Shining (and there are dozens of parts I love) is when we all see

the ghost-like images appear throughout the mansion hotel when Wendy and her son

are fleeing for their lives - proving that the episode/rage that their husband/father is having

is part cabin fever and part maddness from the evil spirits that dwell in that hotel!

A total classic, heck I'm getting goosebumps just typing about it! grin.gif