• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT - Scariest Movie Moment

280 posts in this topic

There were 2 movies that I saw on TV as a kid that creeped me out real bad....the first story in "Black Friday",with the lady who stole the dead womans ring,then goes home and finds her in her bedroom staring at her with this really creepy face...............then she floats over to her and chokes her.When the cops come,they find her with her own hands wrapped around her throat.........still gives me goose bumps.The second was the 3rd story from" Trilogy of Terror"with Karen Black and the possesed Tiki doll...........man,I had nightmares for a while after seeing that..

27_laughing.gif, that Tiki doll had me looking under my couch for a month..

shy.gif

480400-tikidoll.jpg480400-tikidoll2.jpg

480400-tikidoll2.jpg.acf150757de5c1daffa8c2598a15f899.jpg

The second was the 3rd story from" Trilogy of Terror"with Karen Black and the possesed Tiki doll...........man,I had nightmares for a while after seeing that..

Yeah - that was PREY. Richard Matheson wrote it, to boot! That WAS one that DID give me chills as an adult! I think even if I watched it today I'd get a nice little fright form it!

cool pic Deathlok,he's one ugly mofo...................lol..........by the way,my mistake,the first movie was called "Black Sabbath" from 1964 with Boris Karloff.The episode I was talking about was "A Drop Of Water"..........here is the review............. A Drop of Water ...............one of the creepiest shows I ever saw............if anyone can find a pic of that creepy hag,please post it,thanks....

cool pic Deathlok,he's one ugly mofo...................lol..........by the way,my mistake,the first movie was called "Black Sabbath" from 1964 with Boris Karloff.The episode I was talking about was "A Drop Of Water"..........here is the review............. A Drop of Water ...............one of the creepiest shows I ever saw............if anyone can find a pic of that creepy hag,please post it,thanks....

blacksabbath12.jpgblacksabbath14.jpg

Black sabbath is GREAT! The segement with Karloff as the verdelak is incredible too. Yikes! Ans similalry, Black Sunday with barabara steele has some truly freaky moments too. The lantern leading the Dr. through the house.....yeesh!

"Burnt Offerings" with Oliver Reed was spooky (the kid drowning in the water and Reed not being able to get out of the chair!)

Re: I Spit On Your Grave

I remember watching an old Siskel & Ebert show where they were saying ISOYG was one of the worst movies ever made and on another show, they praised Wes Craven's Last House on the Left. I've seen them both and they're pretty much the same movie, or at least the same idea/premise. I've never figured out why one is a "masterpiece" and the other is a POS.

As far as recent scary movies, I watched Darkness Falls a while ago and there were a few scenes that definately gave me goosebumps. In particular was the scene near the beginning where the main character, as a kid, is trying to get away from the Tooth Fairy and runs into the bathroom and hides in the tub. As the camera pulls back so you are looking into the bathroom, you see this black-cloaked figure hovering above the doorway waiting for the boy to come out. Sent chills up my spine.

Did someone already mention Gigli?

Now that is a horrific movie...

27_laughing.gif

you actually watched that?

I know that Rob will critize me for this, but I thought the Americna version of The Ring was much better than Ringu. Ringu just didn't seem scary, but The Ring was pretty freaky. I did see The Ring before Ringu though, so I don't know if that made a difference.

Recent movies I enjoyed, not really scary are House on Haunted Hill, 13 Ghosts, and Gothika. I guess I like what Dark Castle Entertainment is doing, in creating scary movies.

27_laughing.gif

Well, the reviews all SUCKED, so it was logical then that he had to see it...confused-smiley-013.gif

the car crash theory of movie watching? It's so horrible I have to watch it, I can't turn away. 27_laughing.gif

Ahhhhh...the Zuni Fetish Doll!!!! One of the greatest movie monsters ever! I love that guy! cloud9.gif The "Trilogy of Terror" was one of the first DVD's I bought. I remember seeing that when I was about 6 years old on TV. It was the "4:00 movie". On a weekday! shocked.gif

But for a disturbing film -Henry ,Portrait of a Serial Killer.

Super props on that call! Easily, one of the (if not THE) most disturbing movie ever. It was uber-realistic. And all true! The rape scene at the end is absolutely brutal. :shudder:

27_laughing.gif

I know that Rob will critize me for this, but I thought the Americna version of The Ring was much better than Ringu. Ringu just didn't seem scary, but The Ring was pretty freaky. I did see The Ring before Ringu though, so I don't know if that made a difference.

I bet it made a big difference. It's a very Lovecraftian story- the fear in it is "fear of the unknown" so once the unknown is known there'd be less to fear.

I've heard good things about the American version. I'll have to see it one of these days.