• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

couple of books...

9 posts in this topic

Here's a couple of books I'd be interested in opinions about:

Personally, I have always hated that Marvel used Zapf Chancery for the "25th Anniversary" typeface on ASM 300. But, other than that, I think it works well because they downplayed it, and it's not overpowering the other elements on the cover.

Scans should be about the size of the actual books to see enough detail for semi-accurate grading via scan. Scans of the back covers are helpful. The forum standard is one book per thread with a max of 3/day. From what I can see I will guess 5.5/6.0, around 8.5/9.0, and possibly better than 9.0

Welcome to the boards fellow Canuck. Scans are a bit too small for accurate

grading.

Thanks eh!

I'll put some other scans up which will be better....

From what I can see. Unbagged books will get more accurate grades also since you can see more detail.

Welcome

I thought the same about the first two...was hoping for higher on the ASM 300 but I did get it at a garage sale in the early 90's...

Hey,

WTTB

Is that an ink mark on the ASM 129 in the top of the spine?

hm

yes, on the top and bottom of the book there is blue ink. I took it to a dealer in the 90's who mentioned this book may have been slated to be destroyed at the printers for some reason but was lifted and sold... I paid $25.00 for it in 1986 at a convention in Montreal. I'll take some more pics and post them... thanks