• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Foolkiller's Holiday Sale!

1,636 posts in this topic

Brian, I know it was discussed earlier--do you have any plans to do a one-time listing for people who haven't won anything? I'm curious because I've been checking this thread a couple times a day for weeks to see when you're listing etc. but just can't win a book with my current computer set-up. If there's going to be a special sale I'll keep checking in but otherwise I think I'm going to just have to give up.

Thanks,

Marc

Brian, I know it was discussed earlier--do you have any plans to do a one-time listing for people who haven't won anything? I'm curious because I've been checking this thread a couple times a day for weeks to see when you're listing etc. but just can't win a book with my current computer set-up. If there's going to be a special sale I'll keep checking in but otherwise I think I'm going to just have to give up.

Thanks,

Marc

Oh, I sure do. There will be a day time listing of 25 books. It's actually already been selected. I actually planned that listing, unlike normal.

Let's just say those without a book, will not be left out in the cold without something nice.

Count me also as another watcher only who wishes there would be some rules subset to "spread the wealth".

I can rarely get a post in edgewise, and although I enjoy looking at the books listed in these threads, I often stay away from them due to the negative feelings the same folks snapping up all of the books engenders.

I guess I am a member of the 99% without a lightning speed cable connection :roflmao:

No slight against Foolkiller intended at all. I think he is a gentleman and a scholar for offering great books at cheap prices.

I just do not get the warm fuzzies from the apparent greed shown in these threads.

Perhaps the resident Crimson Tide psychologist could help dissect my misgivings.

**hides under cloak of Lurking**

Thanks,

Marc

Oh, I sure do. There will be a day time listing of 25 books. It's actually already been selected. I actually planned that listing, unlike normal.

Let's just say those without a book, will not be left out in the cold without something nice.

Instant faith in humanity restored in a second. :banana: Now brian, how about working on peace in the middle east! :D

Count me also as another watcher only who wishes there would be some rules subset to "spread the wealth".

I can rarely get a post in edgewise, and although I enjoy looking at the books listed in these threads, I often stay away from them due to the negative feelings the same folks snapping up all of the books engenders.

I guess I am a member of the 99% without a lightning speed cable connection :roflmao:

No slight against Foolkiller intended at all. I think he is a gentleman and a scholar for offering great books at cheap prices.

I just do not get the warm fuzzies from the apparent greed shown in these threads.

Perhaps the resident Crimson Tide psychologist could help dissect my misgivings.

**hides under cloak of Lurking**

I know I get disappointed as well sometimes, and I certainly get my fair share (think I snagged three or four this afternoon). Honestly though, it is not entirely about lightning connections. I am running off of DSL and essentially have done enough business with Brian that I trust the grade he assigns and will :takeit: without waiting for the picture to load. A disadvantage to be sure, but a compromise I have to make if I want to land some books I otherwise would not be able to afford and/or find locally.

As for the resentment and feeling shut out...have you tried approaching someone about this? I know on multiple occassions I have relinquished claim on a book someone really needs and I am just grabbing for the sake of having. Generally, I have found people here to be quiter generous and you may be surprised if you try to make a connection with whoever snagged that gem you were hoping for.

Finally, there are still a number of books left...it is the best deals that get blown out in 7 seconds...kind of like Black Friday shopping (I give Brian's threads the internet equivalent of the real life craziness). Anyway, just my thoughts as someone who lands a fair number of the sweet four color goodness :foryou:

So, you are saying that next time you buy MY books in sales thread, all I have to do is PM you and you will give them to me. That's nice. I'm making a note of this :baiting:

But, yeah, I have done same at times and it worked out. Some times people are not that vested in the book and surrender it and other times, they decline. That's all OK. I cannot count how many times at a con where I come up to a booth and a guy has a book I need / want on the pile he's working on but them are the breaks. It is no different that what is happening here, no?

So, you are saying that next time you buy MY books in sales thread, all I have to do is PM you and you will give them to me. That's nice. I'm making a note of this :baiting:

Quite possibly...although in your case with all the Low Grade GA you buy, if it was something I could let go I would probably try to work out a deal where I just resell it to you at the same price so I can read it before it disappears into Scroogeland :baiting:

Seriously though, I would give at least a finger and a couple toes for a week in your library...I can only imagine some of the things I would find there :luhv:

:frustrated: Missed those nice DCW WWs!

Thanks,

Marc

:takeit: for some nice DC Whitmans

And that's all for now folks.

I have a whole group already loaded as I will be traveling quite a bit in january. My wife is prepped and schooled for shipping, so no real delays there.

I "may" list again tonight if the [font:Arial Black]Giants/Cowboys game really stinks[/font], but otherwise it will be -- most likely, Monday or Tuesday night.

Ok game getting ready to start and the Cowboys are involved so it already stinks MOAR BOOKS :acclaim:

And that's all for now folks.

I have a whole group already loaded as I will be traveling quite a bit in january. My wife is prepped and schooled for shipping, so no real delays there.

I "may" list again tonight if the Giants/Cowboys game really stinks, but otherwise it will be -- most likely, Monday or Tuesday night.

Great! More books I have no chance at winning lol

Recap of what's left:

Page 5:

Brave and the Bold 112 NM- $40

Four Color 135 (NM- structure but foxing back cover) VF/VF+ $100

Page 6:

Bullwinkle 1 9.0/9.2 structure with rusty staples 8.0/8.5 $60

Page 21:

ASM 107 NM- $50

Page 25:

JLA 113 NM- $40

Page 26:

Detective Comics 77 cover detached, no grade. It is a really sharp copy with beautiful colors. $325

Page 28:

Avengers 5 VF- $220

FF 60 VF/NM $70

Page 53:

Action 265 F/VF $70

Page 78:

Outlaws Vol. 1 No. 9 (Frazetta art) F/VF $200

Page 83:

Captain Marvel 26 NM- $45

Page 93:

Avengers 65 NM $75

Page 95:

DC 100 pg. Super Spectacular #6 (sweet front cover, back cover small piece almost out, small ding), great eye appeal. $100

Page 108:

TOS 43 -- Book has 9.4 structure, stunning gloss and cover inks, with nice ow/w pages. Unfortunately, it has a scrape in the front cover (look middle, just below the half way mark) that isn't large, but would prevent it from a 9.4. How it would grade, I'm not really sure. Stunning copy though. $750

Page 109:

TOS 62 9.2 (as is), might benefit from a press. $325

80 Page Giant 11, stunner, may press to a 9.6 as it seems there as is. $400

Avengers 95 VF (great from the front, but a crease on the back cover) $50

Page 110:

Batman 248 NM+ $50

FF 14 -- light marvel chipping, some tanning left side. Overall a very tight book, call it an 8.5 $435

FF 19 -- while there's some light marvel chipping, the book is structurally nicer than the 14. Also some light tanning left hand edge. Beautiful book. Big gulf between the 8.5 and 9.0 (like $1200) $625

Page 111:

Flash 189 9.4/9.6 $125

Nick Fury 15 -- looked nice, but found a small color breaking crease in the upper right hand corner $65

Page 125:

ASM 108 VF $25

ASM 111 VF- $20

Page 129:

FF 44 fairly large water stain front and back cover VG $10

Page 131:

Jungle 98 F/VF $100

Page 133:

New Gods 1 NM $80

Savage Sword of Conan 1 F/VF (stains back cover) $25

Page 136:

BB 59 F+ $30