• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kindle Fire Question

9 posts in this topic

I am new to the digital comics platform, but very interested, due to the need to save space in my apartment. I am thinking of checking out the Fire this Christmas since it looks pretty good, and is much cheaper than the Ipad. Can you read new comics such as new Marvel releases and the new DC 52 books on the Fire or can you only read older books and trade paperbacks? I am a little unclear what exactly Amazon offers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Anthony

I am new to the digital comics platform, but very interested, due to the need to save space in my apartment. I am thinking of checking out the Fire this Christmas since it looks pretty good, and is much cheaper than the Ipad. Can you read new comics such as new Marvel releases and the new DC 52 books on the Fire or can you only read older books and trade paperbacks? I am a little unclear what exactly Amazon offers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Anthony

Yes you can read Marvel releases and the new DC 52 books on it.They are released to the Kindle the same day the LCS get them.

For $199 you can`t beat the price :cloud9:

pm me if you need any help setting up your Kindle Fire for comic books.

It`s easier and quicker to read comics on Kindle Fires then to use CGC search. :whistle:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5276554#Post5276554

Bottomline is this:

Go through Comixology for your comics. You have access to all the newest Marvel and DC books as well as many back issues (as the companies continue to make them available in digital format).

Go to a Staples or Best and test run one out for yourself. Reading the comics via the animated reading works really well, and I enjoy it quite a lot. This really mitigates concern over screen sizes altogether for me.

I'd also recommend you check out the review on CNet. I found them pretty helpful in making my decision. :)

I don't know. The iPad is barely big enough to make reading comics comfortable on the eyes. The 2" smaller screen on the fire might be too small.

As a longtime ipad user I was very skeptical about this myself. But comics are far more readable -- even full page -- on the Fire than I expected.

My one quibble would be that the DC GN's being offered through the Kindle app are not quite ready for primetime yet. The kindle reader app itself is just not as polished as a comic reader as we are used to with comixology, etc. It's adequate, and I'm sure it'll get better. But for now, I'd stick to getting stuff through the comixology app (and I understand graphicly is in the Kindle app store too, though I haven't tried that yet).

Overall it's a MUCH more useable device than I was expecting it to be at the size. It's already become my go-to reading and casual browsing device over the ipad.