• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

California Comic Convention 2012

100 posts in this topic

Met Herb and he's such a cool guy. He took pictures with anyone who asked and signed a lot of comics. He also did a bunch of sketches for those waiting in line.

Had my Hulk 181 signed by Herb and he sketched a little Wolverine bust on it. Can't wait to get it back from CGC.

Also, met Gemma who was really sweet and patience. She helped me organize all my submissions and answered all of my questions.

It was a great show!!

4 more hours! :banana: Sure is great to live 5 minutes away from this one. :headbang:

Don't forget to take some pictures! Lots of them.

(thumbs u

Oops! Didn't take any. :sorry:

Didn't take any myself...didn't even think to... doh!

But it was great to see my board buds...especially Dave/Oakman...Roy Delic...John/Spidey-On-Tilt...and Jeff/nearmint just before I was taking off...

Bought just a couple of books as I've got a Jan Clink tab to contend with...a nice TOS 28 from Harley Yee (lotta fun chatting with Harley) and a nice ST 100 from another dealer named Alan who had a lot of nice books...

And had a nice chat with Mrs. GrahamCrackers from Chicago...along with Roy...

There were some great books here...great show! :headbang:

Sorry no pics... :tonofbricks: Hey it's an old school show...I forgot cell cameras even existed... lol

I'll be there. I only have a handful in my WANT LIST, so I'm hoping I see it here.

Congrats on scoring that Incredible Hulk #340 SS McFarlane and Stan Lee. :applause:

That's actually the only thing in my WANT LIST that was available at the show. Good meeting you and the rest of the guys in the booth that took my money hahaha

Now I just have to figure out how to do this sig thing I promised you guys

I'll be there. I only have a handful in my WANT LIST, so I'm hoping I see it here.

Congrats on scoring that Incredible Hulk #340 SS McFarlane and Stan Lee. :applause:

That's actually the only thing in my WANT LIST that was available at the show. Good meeting you and the rest of the guys in the booth that took my money hahaha

Well, Im glad I could help you out. Even though we never met (thumbs u

Well, Im glad I could help you out. Even though we never met (thumbs u

Actually we did.

I was talking to my friend Chris Chen, when you approached us.

I'm the Flip wearing the Clippers jersey with the red hat.

I think someone took a picture of me and Chris for the board.

Well it was great chatting with a new Boardie. (thumbs u

I wasn't able to stay very long today, but it was great to see everyone! (thumbs u

Had a lot of fun today - have to give credit to Terry for running a pure old-time comic book show.

I only scored 3 Golden Age books, but really enjoyed meeting and chatting with so many fine folk.

David (oakman) nice to meet you, and Jeff (nearmint) I hope you had a chance to see the book we were talking about. :wishluck:

WonderCon in March in Anaheim...

I wasn't able to stay very long today, but it was great to see everyone! (thumbs u

Had a lot of fun today - have to give credit to Terry for running a pure old-time comic book show.

I only scored 3 Golden Age books, but really enjoyed meeting and chatting with so many fine folk.

David (oakman) nice to meet you, and Jeff (nearmint) I hope you had a chance to see the book we were talking about. :wishluck:

WonderCon in March in Anaheim...

Great meeting you. :applause:

It's always a good way to start a conversation with a stranger with " So, what's in the suitcase?"

It's always a good way to start a conversation with a stranger with " So, what's in the suitcase?"

:roflmao:

I've always had a good time (w/some great finds) at this show, so even though we have WonderCon in Anaheim (March) and of course SDCC (July) here in SoCal, this is the show I'm really looking forward to.

Golden Age :wishluck:

It was good seeing you at the show, Steve. One day I'd sure like to see your WW 45. That's a great book. I know that EJR has the Mile High copy and I've seen that beauty a many years ago. Maybe you can bring it to San Diego with you or if you want to wait for next year's Yorba Linda show, that would be great. Or at least you can scan it under the WW thread in the Golden Age Forum.

Thanks,

SLR