• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pressing

361 posts in this topic

I enjoy the history of the books, I've never minded amateur restoration...I guess my main problem with pressing and disclosure , is I want to protect the rights of those who DO care.

They have every right in the world to ask if a book has been pressed or not.

I don't like corn. It isn't life or death. I'm not allergic to it. I just don't like it... personal preference. So, when I go to a restaurant, I ask the server if the item I'm interested in contains corn. They answer my question with a yes or a no and then I chose whether or not I want to order that specific menu item. I do not expect the restaurant to disclose every item on the menu that may contain corn in advance of me being outside-affiliatelinksnotallowed

haven't read beyond this post, but please oh please let my soon-to-come pronouncement be the first:

BUT THAT'S A STRAW-MAN ARGUMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But I really don't like corn.

I enjoy the history of the books, I've never minded amateur restoration...I guess my main problem with pressing and disclosure , is I want to protect the rights of those who DO care.

I don't like corn. It isn't life or death. I'm not allergic to it. I just don't like it... personal preference. So, when I go to a restaurant, I ask the server if the item I'm interested in contains corn. They answer my question with a yes or a no and then I chose whether or not I want to order that specific menu item. I do not expect the restaurant to disclose every item on the menu that may contain corn in advance of me being outside-affiliatelinksnotallowed

haven't read beyond this post, but please oh please let my soon-to-come pronouncement be the first:

BUT THAT'S A STRAW-MAN ARGUMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i believe you buddy, but i've been waiting and waiting to beat the straw-man go-to guys to the punch.

i believe you buddy, but i've been waiting and waiting to beat the straw-man go-to guys to the punch.

What will be your reason for living from here on out?

What will be your reason for living from here on out?

He likes corn.

I would have pegged you for a diehard cornpone lover.

I always thought you'd have hair.

Ouch! :eek:

He's my buddy. <3 Thomas (at least I think that's his name) knows I am only teasing.

My hair is like your charisma. Its there, pretty thin, and fading fast.

My hair is like your charisma. Its there, pretty thin, and fading fast.
:roflmao:

He's my buddy. <3 Thomas (at least I think that's his name) knows I am only teasing.

Of course lol

Maybe there's an answer in the previous 34 pages...but does pressing ever lower the page quality? OW/W to C/OW or something?

I have never had this happen to me.

Never. Not unless you're making toast. Any paper will burn and change colour at the right temperature but this is generally well outside the temperature range that books are pressed under.

The only reason you would see a variation on paper quality when grading a book is if CGC decided that the paper quality was different second time around.