• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Signature Series 2012

106 posts in this topic

If we have to submit the book each time, then wait an exorbitant amount of time before receiving the book back, there is a strong chance that we will miss getting additional creators while waiting for the books to get back.

Thats a really good point. It might actually work against CGC as people might realize they can't get all the sigs they want on a book and just say forget it and not submit.

If we have to submit the book each time, then wait an exorbitant amount of time before receiving the book back, there is a strong chance that we will miss getting additional creators while waiting for the books to get back.

Thats a really good point. It might actually work against CGC as people might realize they can't get all the sigs they want on a book and just say forget it and not submit.

I am certainly considering my options. There will be more pressure for com icons with multiple creators.

starting with books submitted Jan 2012.

CGC is changing the price schedule of its grading tiers, effective January 1, 2012. All books sent in packages received by CGC after January 1, 2012, will be processed at the new rates.

CGC has announced its revised services and fees schedule that will go into effect January 1, 2012. These changes constitute the first comprehensive revision to CGC’s price schedule since May 2009. A $5 handling charge per submission invoice has also been added to all grading submissions.

A handful of related service changes will also go into effect. The maximum value to submit for our standard ReHolder service is less than $50,000. For books valued at $50,000 or more, use the new High Value ReHolder service. All ReHolders are for mail-in submissions only. CGC no longer accepts ReHolder submissions at shows.

Collectors Society members and CGC Member Dealers will continue to receive their same percentage discounts from the Retail Prices shown on the following table.

http://www.cgccomics.com/news/viewarticle.aspx?IDArticle=2489&CGC-Fees-For_2012

There will be more pressure for comicons with multiple creators.

I agree, this will probably lower submissions at smaller local events with a handful of creators and put a heavier emphasis on the events with large numbers of creators present like NYCC and San Diego, the two largest. It won't effect sketch covers much, just signings on regular books.

I agree, this will probably lower submissions at smaller local events with a handful of creators and put a heavier emphasis on the events with large numbers of creators present like NYCC and San Diego, the two largest. It won't effect sketch covers much, just signings on regular books.

5$ per invoice?

Does this mean if I send in individual invoices with comics to be sent back direct to customers that I have to pay an extra 5$ per book?

And correct me if I'm wrong but aren't these 2 shows the largest headache for the SS group? Could it also jeopardize a CGC presence at smaller shows? If the volume isn't there then I assume CGC will not attend.

If this trend occurs then there will also potentially be large grading bottlenecks surrounding these events. I realize there already is but even more so. If a large chunk of volume is moved from 10 shows to 2 well....... :eek:

5$ per invoice?

Does this mean if I send in individual invoices with comics to be sent back direct to customers that I have to pay an extra 5$ per book?

Where's the magic 8 ball when you need it. ;)

I would say definitely yes. That kind of makes sense though. In essence weren't you passing the administrative buck to CGC? Now they're charging for it.

And correct me if I'm wrong but aren't these 2 shows the largest headache for the SS group? Could it also jeopardize a CGC presence at smaller shows? If the volume isn't there then I assume CGC will not attend.

If this trend occurs then there will also potentially be large grading bottlenecks surrounding these events. I realize there already is but even more so. If a large chunk of volume is moved from 10 shows to 2 well....... :eek:

Chances are it would mean less of a need to have multiple witnesses available at smaller shows, and the booth staff should be able to handle... say... a small regional show with fewer guests.

But it could mean the need for more CAWs at the big headache-y events.

The thing is, without those boxes of carryovers from other shows, the subs will all be new --- submitted at the event or brought by Facilitators. So the turnaround from submission to autographing should be much quicker, especially if there are no blue label crackouts - only the yellow label crackouts would slow things down, and those will potentially increase if people want to add sigs.

5$ per invoice?

That is what it seems to be saying. Your customers would have to be billed the one time $5 invoice charge no matter how many books they submit - or we will pay it if we are doing our own books.

5$ per invoice?

That is what it seems to be saying. Your customers would have to be billed the one time $5 invoice charge no matter how many books they submit - or we will pay it if we are doing our own books.

Ouch. Makes sense to me but this will just obfuscate the idea of people wanting their invoice numbers etc. I myself have given up the individual submission forms for each book as this is very time consuming and difficult for creators to keep straight when there is 30 or so books.

I applaud CGC for the job they have done and for the work of everyone involved in the SS program. This has re-sparked an interest in comics for me that had laid dormant for many years.

as one who has never cracked open a book before I have to say this will stop me from bringing quite a bit of stuff I was planning on getting signed to eccc Noway in hell am i going to attempt to risk damage to a book trying to crack it my self :S

Honestly, it's not that bad. Here's one video I came across:

Truth be told you don't even need a screwdriver like the dude in the video; though I guess if you want to be extra careful it doesn't hurt.

I won't recommend handling the book the way this guy does but the general concepts are there.

Though CGC won't perform the deed for you, I'm sure they wouldn't have an issue watching you do it in front of them just to make sure you're not doing anything wrong. OR just bring a yellow label as well to get them to crack it and watch the masters at work (thumbs u

i will admit the first book I ever cracked was a 9.6 SS Marvel Zombies #1. I was nervous as hell and it took half an hour with me shaking. It still came back 9.6. Now years later it's 30 seconds and not an afterthought.