• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

'Annihilus is Broke': SA -> Moderns: Holiday Discount: NOW 25% OFF! Recap: Pg 28

282 posts in this topic

Any more masterworks? hm

Sorry man, I'm afraid I've already listed all the Masterworks I have. :sorry:

Don't worry, I'm sure I'll find something else to spend my hard earned money! (thumbs u (tsk)

I've got a Cyberforce and Youngblood reader set and an issue of Supreme I can let go cheaply (free shipping if you tell me to just burn them in the back yard). Just let me know.

:wishluck:

hm

I know a lot of you prolly think I've been slackin'....but I promise you that isn't the case. I finally finished sorting 16 long boxes of new acquisitions alphanumerically for the Jan/Feb sales, and will throw some of those up here in this thread before it ends.

Meantime, I've got a couple listings to add tonight and will continue on the morrow :)

The Demon 1 (8.0) - OSPG: $49.00 - Your Price: $15.00

A nice, solid book with great gloss and eye appeal.

Demon01.jpg

Thrilling Wonder Stories September 1940 - Your Price: $4.00 :news:SOLD to mldynes!

Arthur J. Burks and others. Suitably creepy cover with good colors.

All pulps being listed in this thread are readers and may be missing front and/or back covers, may be taped up, have rips, tears, etc. These are readers in the strictest sense. I bought these on the boards earlier this year and have decided to move them at the same price that I purchased them due to lack of time and shifting of focus. There's some good stuff in these, some bad stuff and everything in between lol

ThrillingWonderStories09-40.jpg

Thrilling Wonder Stories Winter 1946 - Your Price: $4.00 :news:SOLD to mldynes!

Some big names in the genre in this one: Frank Belknap Long and Murray Leinster. Plus featuring a guy on the cover making a face like he's sitting on the crapper and something is coming out sideways. WIN WIN!

All pulps being listed in this thread are readers and may be missing front and/or back covers, may be taped up, have rips, tears, etc. These are readers in the strictest sense. I bought these on the boards earlier this year and have decided to move them at the same price that I purchased them due to lack of time and shifting of focus. There's some good stuff in these, some bad stuff and everything in between lol

ThrillingWonderStoriesWinter1946.jpg

Doctor Strange 169 (5.0) - OSPG: $32.00 - Your Price: $15.00

Origin retold - 'first' issue of series taking over where numbering for Strange Tales left off.

Nice, glossy cover - no major blemishes, creases, rips or tears...just an accumulation of smaller issues: spine issues, NCB creases, etc. Nice book that was my undercopy which I have since replaced with a higher grading book.

DoctorStrange169.jpg

Shaolin Cowboy 2 (9.6) - Your Price: $10.00

High grade copy of the second issue of one of my favorite moderns of the last half dozen years.

Add it to the pile :takeit:

You got it!

Man, I like these books so much, I even regret selling my doubles.

Thrilling Wonder Stories April 1947 - Your Price: $4.00 :news:SOLD to FIREFLY!

A story by Henry Kuttner and many others.

ThrillingWonderStories04-47.jpg

Thrilling Wonder Stories August 1949 - Your Price: $4.00 :news:SOLD to mldynes!

A bunch of stuff in this crumbling tome of eldritch lore: Murray Leinster, Arthur C. Clarke, John D. MacDonald, A.E. Van Vogt, etc.

ThrillingWonderStories08-49.jpg

Dawn: Figure Study (8.5) - Your Price: $35.00

This book is high-grade structurally, but cover has some rubbing issues (visible on scan). I don't know if these are production related, but it's possible. I'll list it at an 8.5. Could be higher or lower, not really sure how to grade it.

I don't know a lot about this book - but near as I can tell it was given away by Diamond, one per case, with the Dawn action figure. Active eBay listings are all over the place from $63 to $150 (a VFN is listed for $99.99). Cheapest copy that was actually sold lists a NM copy at $43.00.

DawnFigureStudy.jpg

Thrilling Wonder Stories April 1947 - Your Price: $4.00

ThrillingWonderStories04-47.jpg

:takeit:

Thrilling Wonder Stories April 1947 - Your Price: $4.00

Sold! Thanks :applause:

Thrilling Wonder Stories September 1940 - Your Price: $4.00

Arthur J. Burks and others. Suitably creepy cover with good colors.

ThrillingWonderStories09-40.jpg