• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So I got to meet someone pretty high ranking today

72 posts in this topic

Love em or hate em, the US Presidents are the worlds biggest rock stars!

I'm an Obama supporter, but even if it was Bush I would have shook his hand and been respectful. Regardless of your politics you still have to be a professional and respect the office of the Presidency.

+1. I truly get annoyed when people boo the President, either Bush or Obama. You can dislike his policies all you want, so work to get rid of the guy. You must respect the office.

+1

Les-majesty is still observed in countries like Thailand, and is considered a criminal offense that carries a very harsh sentence. There was a very recent Facebook incident which got the attention of an entire country, so it is still very much enforced with vigilance even when offensive statements are made online.

Respect and dignity are the simplest things to achieve in a civil society. We don't need laws to enforce respect towards the office, but at the same time, these are freedoms that shouldn't be appreciated only after they are irretrievably lost. I'm not an American, but I can still appreciate the fact that this is just one of the many fundemantal freedoms and reasons to salute the men and women who serve the nation.

On a related note. My nephew is in the Military serving overseas. He is a wannabe song writer and he wrote a song about the Xavier/UC brawl in basketball that occurred recently. He posted it on youtube and it made the local news on TV here in Cincinnati. He is from Cincy.

Here is the link. Basically he is "singing" about the fight and how there are young people like him, fighting for "real" stuff, and then there are brawls in sports, about nothing. All by people the same age.

I think the song is written well enough, but it needs to be sung by a singer. He is a song writer, not a singer. Although like most people, I am sure he wants to be a singer. :)

Hey man are you Army special forces? Rambo came from Fort Bragg. That's awesome!

No, I'm not SF but anyone in the picture wearing a green beret is. Mine is the modest color maroon.

Still cool. Maroon is for the Airborne from my understanding. Are you with the 82nd?

Hey man are you Army special forces? Rambo came from Fort Bragg. That's awesome!

No, I'm not SF but anyone in the picture wearing a green beret is. Mine is the modest color maroon.

Still cool. Maroon is for the Airborne from my understanding. Are you with the 82nd?

Correct on both counts.

While not as impressive, we got a Christmas Card from the White House today. I was impressed. (One of my best friends works there.)

Every year that Bush (W) was in office, he and his wife sent me and mine, a Christmas Card. Never met him. But my adopted son was in the Young (Repub.) association, and that is how we got on the list.

I call him my "adopted" son, but he was not officially adopted. He was a friend of my sons and I found out he was sleeping in one of the cars in my driveway for about a week, because he had no place to live. We took him in and gave him his own room. I told him all he had to do was be a decent person and he could stay with us a long as he wanted to.

He stayed with us for one year. Got a girlfriend and moved in with her. He went to the University of Akron, because he was an orphan and the government pays for tuition for orphans.

He is doing good now. Lives in another state and has a couple of children. We are happy for him.

Anyway. We kept all of the Christmas Cards. Somewhere in one of my boxes of stuff. :)

Neat pics, very cool! :golfclap:

My high-water mark was back in '92, we knew folks who "knew folks" and during a DC visit, we got a special tour of the Executive Building and at one point I was within 20ft. of Dan Quayle . (thumbs u

lol

Hmnm, saw Billy-boy speak in '98 too... 2c

I get annoyed when people boo the President, either Bush or Obama. You can dislike his policies all you want, so work to get rid of the guy. You must respect the office.

Very well said Dan. (thumbs u

After my Father passed in 2002 he was inducted into the Slate 60 a year or two after. My Wife and I were the ones to go on his behalf. It was neat and unique experience, some truly remarkable people who have done some remarkable things there. Most of which the general public or media is not even aware of the extent to which they give or create to society. We had dinner with President Clinton and some other political bigwigs, moguls, yada yada yada. I did not vote for him nor was I huge supporter of his. But he like so many have noted, was/is a helleva character and gentleman. Maybe not who I wanted in office, but I truly like what he has done or initiated since he left office. It would be an honor to sit in a duck blind with him one morning and chew the fat.

IMHO, no matter ones' stance - you must be civil and respect the current or past Commander and Chief if you are in their presence I feel. :sumo:

Thanks for posting the pics and serving our Country. :applause: