• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are the most undervalued Silver & Bronze comics at present?

141 posts in this topic

Consider the impact it made to the comics industry (and outside of comics as well) in introducing a new genre, I'm really surprised Conan is not as collected as much as he should these days. Especially the early BWS issues. This character had up 3 running titles at one point in the early '80s and was a staple for numerous one shot projects. The writing must have been really ting in the '90s for this character to tank as much he did.

Anyway, there's still some collector interest, especially for Conan #1, but overall I think this entire genre is undervalued. This goes for Kull and Red Sonja as well, but especially so for Conan.

I think that in general the style of Conan isn't quite as "cool" as kids to day as he probably was when he was invented... it's kind of old-fashioned in a way. Not sure why exactly, since it's not THAT far removed from the LotR-type stuff that is doing well these days.

Anyone understand what I'm gettin' at?