• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are the most undervalued Silver & Bronze comics at present?

141 posts in this topic

I have come to realize that all Warren mags and Eerie Publications mags,are extremely undervalued.For instance Creepy #1 guides in 9.2 for 230.00 if you can find one in 9.2 or better it should at least be a thousand dollar book.Creepy #32 in 9.2 I bought for 60.00 there are only 13 graded total only 2 in 9.2,shouldn't that book be at least around 200.00 or so? Yet guides for 95.00 in 9.2 good luck finding one.How about Vampirella#1 guides for 1100.00 in 9.2? C'mon!These are the real undervalued books.

They're great magazines, for sure.

But I think that, aside from a handful of tricky issues, there's just too many of them out there. Maybe not in uber-high grade, but the pool of collectors for HG Warren seems to be on the small side.

Also, Dark Horse has been cranking out the reprints for a number of years now, which may have put a dent in demand.

(And they're in black & white. Black and white!!!!)

That never hurt TMNT any?

I have come to realize that all Warren mags and Eerie Publications mags,are extremely undervalued.For instance Creepy #1 guides in 9.2 for 230.00 if you can find one in 9.2 or better it should at least be a thousand dollar book.Creepy #32 in 9.2 I bought for 60.00 there are only 13 graded total only 2 in 9.2,shouldn't that book be at least around 200.00 or so? Yet guides for 95.00 in 9.2 good luck finding one.How about Vampirella#1 guides for 1100.00 in 9.2? C'mon!These are the real undervalued books.

But I think that, aside from a handful of tricky issues, there's just too many of them out there. Maybe not in uber-high grade, but the pool of collectors for HG Warren seems to be on the small side.

Also, Dark Horse has been cranking out the reprints for a number of years now, which may have put a dent in demand.

Or the walking dead..

Well, they had ninjas. Did any of the Warren mags have ninjas?

Or the walking dead..

Well, they had zombies. I...uh...and...they're comic-sized!

Well, they had ninjas. Did any of the Warren mags have ninjas?

No,but a hot Vampire chick! :cloud9:

Any Treasury Edition in strict high grade. If CGC start slabbing them, 9.2 or better should sell multiple guide

I doubt those will EVER be slabbed. The slab itself would be freakin' enormous. It could double as a coffee table.

I agree on the ASM 129, this gets a premium over guide in any grade. Much like Hulk 181, the entry level Gd to VG copies often get multiples of guide as many collectors just want a hole filler to say they have one and so the entry level price ends up going for multiples of Gd guide just to own one. To a lesser extent, ASM 121 (Death Gwen Stacey) also has this happen often from what I have seen.

On Adventure #260, I assume this book is the first "Silver Age" Aquaman (not Golden Age). It gives him a re-boot with his first Silver Age Origin etc. and fits that established Showcase 4 time frame era for the beginning of the Silver Age. I guess he has some early 50s appearances also, but I don't think that would qualify for Silver Age. Am I missing something? I think the majority of people don't realize this, so this book slips under the radar when perhaps it should be closer to Detective #225 level in significance and value as one of the first Silver Age books to have a new hero started or rebooted in a back up story.

I have to say SC4 and SC22 (in that order) - just such little supply, already popular characters. yes, these books have gone thorugh a "buzz" before with past media hits.....but from a basic economic standpoint, I think they have the most upside!

Strange Tales 135?

I know its fairly common but it's also still dirt cheap. It features the first 'Nick Fury Agent of Shield' etc, and with the prominence of Shield in the Avengers blockbuster seems like a good candidate for a relatively large increase in price.

Iron Man #55

That book seems fairly expensive to me already, I know people will speculate on it but I don't see it really sustaining value at that much a higher level then it is right now. Plentiful in high grade also.

ST 135 already had a huge run up before Nick Fury was in the movies, prices have dropped considerably on that book in the past couple years.

Jumping on the hypothetical hype bandwagon for the two as-of-yet unkown Marvel movies with possible story development for Avengers 2 with an assumed Thanos protagonist :hi:.....

18-19.jpg

Somehow stumbled upon this thread via google. I don't think we have any more use for this thread now lol.

Jumping on the hypothetical hype bandwagon for the two as-of-yet unkown Marvel movies with possible story development for Avengers 2 with an assumed Thanos protagonist :hi:.....

18-19.jpg

Good guess.

Batman 181

Tec 359

Green Lantern 7

Flash 139

etc.

Mainly silver age DC first appearance of major characters. Although there isn't as much demand for them now, I think it could pick up in the future. The graded supply is a lot lower then Marvel keys too. Just my opinion.

Very, very good guess. Pains me to see what Flash #139 was going for back then.

Iron Man #55 1st Thanos is an undervalued book.

Very, very, very good guess!

What are the most undervalued Silver & Bronze comics at present?

I don't think there's much from either of those periods that's undervalued-especially Bronze. I would not be surprised if Bronze books drop in value by 75% of more over the next 10 years. There are just too many high-grade raw copies out there. Prices are where they are now because of speculators, not because of actual demand.

I don't think the bubble for early Silver (late 50s/early 60s) is as bad, but I don't think anything is undervalued.

I don't think there's much from either of those periods that's undervalued-especially Bronze. I would not be surprised if Bronze books drop in value by 75% of more over the next 10 years. There are just too many high-grade raw copies out there. Prices are where they are now because of speculators, not because of actual demand.

I don't think the bubble for early Silver (late 50s/early 60s) is as bad, but I don't think anything is undervalued.

I somewhat agree about the Bronze books. I divide them between (i) 1970 to 1975 books and the (ii) 1976 to early 1980s books. I think the latter are priced up and are most susceptible to dropping hard because there are just a ridiculous number of raw 9.2-or-better copies out there, and so many that are being hoarded. I don't think the 1970 to 1975 Bronze are necessarily over-valued, but I still prefer to buy raw copies from that period in the 8.5ish to 9.2ish range to get best value -- something with plenty of eye-appeal that I can flip through and enjoy (not entombed) and not lose sleep if the market drops 10 years from now.

Agree with you on Silver. Would probably qualify that many pre-1965 DCs still undervalued, but that's changing as the market reacts to the recent announcement of the slate of Warner Bros.-produced DC superhero films and TV shows. E.g., Action 242, 252, Adventure 247, Showcase 30, 34, 37, B&B25, 28, 34, etc.