• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are the most undervalued Silver & Bronze comics at present?

141 posts in this topic

Consider the impact it made to the comics industry (and outside of comics as well) in introducing a new genre, I'm really surprised Conan is not as collected as much as he should these days. Especially the early BWS issues. This character had up 3 running titles at one point in the early '80s and was a staple for numerous one shot projects. The writing must have been really ting in the '90s for this character to tank as much he did.

Anyway, there's still some collector interest, especially for Conan #1, but overall I think this entire genre is undervalued. This goes for Kull and Red Sonja as well, but especially so for Conan.

Iron Man #55 1st Thanos is an undervalued book.

Overrated in my opinion , the first app of a villian who is only know by comic readers and a very common book by the way .

AND the 1st appearance of Drax. He was quite a hit in the GOTG movies...

A book with the 1st appearance of 2 Marvel cosmic heavy hitters with the cosmic world about to get very large on the silver screen....this book certainly isn't overrated.

Overrated in my opinion , the first app of a villian who is only know by comic readers and a very common book by the way .

A book with the 1st appearance of 2 Marvel cosmic heavy hitters with the cosmic world about to get very large on the silver screen....this book certainly isn't overrated.

+1.

Multiple first appearances, and an early Bronze Age book. Thanos has always had a cult following, and he's about to go big time in multiple movies. IM 55 is certainly the beneficiary of movie hype, but Thanos has been a mainstay heavy villain in the MCU for decades regardless of that, hence why he is being used in the films no doubt. The fact that Drax (and others) also first appear in it is just a bonus. Prior to the movies, it could be argued that the book was actually UNDER-valued. Frankly I think there's upside still left in it.

-J.

And the first appearance of Starfox.

+1.

Multiple first appearances, and an early Bronze Age book. Thanos has always had a cult following, and he's about to go big time in multiple movies. IM 55 is certainly the beneficiary of movie hype, but Thanos has been a mainstay heavy villain in the MCU for decades regardless of that, hence why he is being used in the films no doubt. The fact that Drax (and others) also first appear in it is just a bonus. Prior to the movies, it could be argued that the book was actually UNDER-valued. Frankly I think there's upside still left in it.

-J.

I understand your point and is valid , but i would invest first in JIM 85 a silver age with less copies , an interesting and well know villian in my opinion and the third appearance of Thor . That book in my opinion is undervalued

Here are a few that could be found in dollar bins and may or may not be winners one day:

Silver age:

Showcase #75 - 1st Hawk & Dove

Bronze:

Starslayer #2 - 1st rocketeer

Destroyer Duck #1 - 1st Groo

What dollar bins are you diving in?!?

Would have said DD1, but its finally getting some well deserved movement.

It was mentioned early in this thread, but Sgt Fury 1 is super undervalued imo. Only 15 universal at 9.0 or better, book tends to have marvel chipping so also hard to find a good copy in mid-grades, has high profile actor playing him in Hollywood. What's not to like? But I know what peeps will say, ship has sailed for now...marvel cinema is moving into the cosmos. Too bad for this book cause it would shoot into the cosmos if Fury/Shield got a movie.

It was mentioned early in this thread, but Sgt Fury 1 is super undervalued imo. Only 15 universal at 9.0 or better, book tends to have marvel chipping so also hard to find a good copy in mid-grades, has high profile actor playing him in Hollywood. What's not to like? But I know what peeps will say, ship has sailed for now...marvel cinema is moving into the cosmos. Too bad for this book cause it would shoot into the cosmos if Fury/Shield got a movie.

meh Fury never did it for me...just not that cool of a character. Maybe that's why the book hasn't taken off?

Has anyone mentioned Nick Fury agent of Shield #1 yet?

+1 ;)

I think all three are undervalued (sgt fury1, st135 & agent of shield1)

with a fury/shield movie st135 & agent of shield1 would get a good bump due to lack of supply on sgt fury1

meh Fury never did it for me...just not that cool of a character. Maybe that's why the book hasn't taken off?

Fury is all over the Marvel universe. SHIELD is a connective tissue in a lot of ways, with Fury at the center of it.

Fury is all over the Marvel universe. SHIELD is a connective tissue in a lot of ways, with Fury at the center of it.

Yeh, Kim Kardashian is all over the universe too...doesn't mean I have to like her ;)

Not sure how well this is going to go over but I feel someone has to say (type) it.

Marvel Preview 4 & 7 are starting to look attractive from a speculative standpoint, especially the most recent sales versus the 90 DMA. I'm pretty confident both will be in higher demand a year from now.

And, yes, Im willing to put my money where my mouth (thumbs) is. I have a thread in the WTB Forum if anyone would care to capitulate :foryou:

Yeh, Kim Kardashian is all over the universe too...doesn't mean I have to like her ;)

Courtney......... :cloud9: