• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are the most undervalued Silver & Bronze comics at present?

141 posts in this topic

Plain old '63 X-Men 1

Shaped the Marvel Universe like no other comic.

7 First appearances of major characters.

Iconic team of which the there's been 3 major motion pictures and a number of cartoons.

Technically, there has been 5, if you count the reboot and the solo Wolverine movie(full of X-Men cameos). :preach:

I think the silver age Captain Marvel #1 seems cheaper than it should be.

;)

I think the comic / character just didn't hold the interest of many people. It's not on anyones radar to buy.

Thats fine with me for now, I have 2 copies and plan to buy more. I hear there may be a movie in the futire and they did one episode on him in The Avengers animated series.

;)

I think the comic / character just didn't hold the interest of many people. It's not on anyones radar to buy.

If they ever do make a movie of it, most likely it'd be centered around the Thanos Saga and not the early work (though there is some intriguing drama to be taken from those issues that'd be a lot easier to make a moderate budget movie about).

But you're right, the character's not on anyone's radar right now. And probably won't be.

Because he's dead.

;)

If they ever do make a movie of it, most likely it'd be centered around the Thanos Saga and not the early work (though there is some intriguing drama to be taken from those issues that'd be a lot easier to make a moderate budget movie about).

But you're right, the character's not on anyone's radar right now. And probably won't be.

Because he's dead.

He is alive and well on the Disney Avengers animated series,and if they can bring back Superman from the dead,then they can bring back anybody. Hollywood Marvel is making their own mythos with these Marvel heroes. Just because someone died in a comic book thirty years ago doesn`t mean that they won`t make a movie about that character now. ;)

Plain old '63 X-Men 1

Shaped the Marvel Universe like no other comic.

7 First appearances of major characters.

Iconic team of which the there's been 3 major motion pictures and a number of cartoons.

+(1+1)

X-Men #1 is a monster key. Marvel's mutants utterly dominated the comics world for more than a quarter of a century. There will be a fairly steady stream of new silver collectors for whom X-Men #1 is the grail.

Yes, there are a butt-load of FF 48s out there, but people love owning it. It's the one issue of Fantastic Four that FF haters still want.

As to the OP, how about Rawhide Kid 17? I know demand is low, but so is the HG supply.

Iron Man #55 1st Thanos is an undervalued book.

It's pretty common and not as in demand as it once was.

Okay, it's Jim Starlin, first Thanos, the book has some significance, but I never really understood the price point for that book. I might even venture to say it's overvalued.

;)

Because he's dead.

He is alive and well on the Disney Avengers animated series,and if they can bring back Superman from the dead,then they can bring back anybody. Hollywood Marvel is making their own mythos with these Marvel heroes. Just because someone died in a comic book thirty years ago doesn`t mean that they won`t make a movie about that character now. ;)

That's Phillip Lawson, a blue skined Kree, NOT Mar-vell.

They're not going to permanently bring back Mar-vell, as it wouldn't be as property friendly as creating a new, younger, 'hip' pink skinned Kree Warrior that they could market to today's audience. That's not going to help MSH #12 or CM #1.

The only reason to bring back Mar-vell, would be to help the back issue market, which they have no interest or benefit from doing.

Okay, it's Jim Starlin, first Thanos, the book has some significance, but I never really understood the price point for that book. I might even venture to say it's overvalued.

That book sells, pretty consistently for a decent priced bronze age non-#1 issue.

It may be common, but I still see demand for it.

That book sells, pretty consistently for a decent priced bronze age non-#1 issue.

It may be common, but I still see demand for it.

There is tremendous demand for the book. Every convention multiple people ask for it, but it is not undervalued.

Going on pure speculation on what Marvel might do next on the movie front, these 2 I think are a logical choice.

Silver: Silver Surfer #1.

Bronze: Black Panther #1

Actually I think Black Panther one is SEVERLY over valued by the price guide. There are plentiful copies of the book and you see price resistance at anything over 25 - 33% of guide.

Now if you want to argue that it is "undervalued" by collectors in "importance" based on the possibility of a movie, or just the character itself, you could probably make that argument.

Generally, I don't think many books are under-valued. There are certain books like Justice League #137 which features the 1st meeting of Captain Marvel and Superman which are probably undervalued, based on their historical importance.

Here is a list of a few DCs ....

Adventure Comics #300 - Legion series begins

Action Comics #340 - 1st Parasite

Justice League #73 & #74 - 1st meeting of Golden Age Superman and Silver Age Superman (and battle).

Flash #110 - 1st Kid Flash

House of Mystery #143 - Martian Manhunter series begins

Captain Marvel #17 - 34 - Important issues of a very popular character

Detective 359 1st Batgirl, Batman 121 1st Mr Freeze have way more demand than supply and always go for way over guide.

My personal favorite overlooked/undervalued book is Adventure 260 Origin and 1st Silver Age Aquaman that just does not get its deserved historical significance or price. (pre-dates Showcase 30 Aquaman try out series!) Showcase #4 is rarely coming up for sale these days and looks pretty good in price comparison to the much more common AF #15. JLA #1 has really been heating up, when that movie finally hits, I would guess today's prices will look cheap.

Strange Tales 101 1st Torch series and superhero book in the long running strange tales comic series. Pre dates almost all other Marvel #1's and had they numbered this at #1 like they should have, it would probably be getting way more than the lowly guide price it is at! Still, it's really not much different than the Flash #105(#1) concept, so I am still not sure why it is so low?