• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cheetah and His Everything Journal

1,085 posts in this topic

Wings 64 - This book was published right around the end of WWII. I think the November 1945 issue would be more accurate but I don't have that one. From here until its end, I think Wings really searches for an identity but never really finds it.

Wings64.jpg

Wings 70 - Note the Chinese junk in the river. For the issues I have, this is the first one that gets away from the Japanese and Germans as the enemy.

Wings70.jpg

Wings 61 - I think this might be my favorite non-GGA cover of the entire run.

Wings61.jpg

Hands down, my favorite cover of the run. While the GGA covers are superb as well, I think the detail and overall execution of this cover are unsurpassed. A beautiful copy! Thanks for sharing.

More Wings.

Wings 73 - You'll note the change to the Good Girl Art (GGA) on this cover. WWII is over and titillation is needed to sell books. There are really some sweet covers coming up.

Alan/adamstrange has the Mile High copy of this book and it is stunning.

Wings73.jpg

Wings 75 - This is a Mile High book but with a lower grade than you usually see. I've always wondered if it was one of the legendary Monk books bought early by a traveling monk from Chuck Rozanski.

Wings75.jpg