• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cheetah and His Everything Journal

1,085 posts in this topic

Wings 3

Wings3.jpg

this one is awesome,

there were so many cool Wings covers with wonderful Planet like colors and gloss that were in auctions in the last 6 months it was all I could do to leave those alone, I trust they ended up with you.

anyone know who handled the coloring for EC in this period? Jack Davis linework is amazing, but the muted colors are what sell the image. Was it Joe Orlando/ or some anonymous bullpenner?

Marie Severin was doing the coloring at this time and it's when she was really starting to hit stride. As cheetah mentioned, EC had a stable of great artists so to have the work complemented by some of the finest color designs made for an astonishing array of output that, perhaps, has been equaled but has certainly not been bettered.

thanx boss!

Wings 3

Wings3.jpg

this one is awesome,

there were so many cool Wings covers with wonderful Planet like colors and gloss that were in auctions in the last 6 months it was all I could do to leave those alone, I trust they ended up with you.

I think a number of them did. I guess we will find out over the next few days!

Fawcette's drawings are so precise I would be surprised if he didn't use photo references extensively. Indeed, it would be hard to do otherwise as it's not as if he could realistically be expected to "draw from life."

This, btw, is not to knock Fawcette's work. I like it and Wings was the best showcase for his considerable talent. I think that sometimes folks go overboard worrying about whether an artist is doing it all on his own.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the books in the run. :popcorn:

Wings 2

Wings2.jpg