• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1st appearance of The Maxx
3 3

464 posts in this topic

I definitely think we need more women here...;)

I don't read copper threads that often, but I'm amazed...

Guys definitely GOSSIP more than women...first off, he can read all these threads, so it's not exactly talking behind his back, but he CANNOT answer...

I've probably been aware of RMA longer than most of you. He had different names before...never been much different. He argues, things get hotter and less hot...but although I can understand people who are annoyed by him, writing, I can't understand people who like him going back and forth, because you know this must be torture, it's almost bordering on mean...and although RMA uses that term, it's not one I'd normally use here...

So, as a suggestion...

Let's talk about shoes;)

Or Football...

OR

:idea:

Comic books, lol.

Save the RMA threads for when he returns...maybe by that time you will all cool down and realize shoes are an important subject;) :baiting:

To return to the topic at hand ... does anyone know whether the Darker Image ashcan predates Darker Image #1?

What's odd about Image at that time is that, jumping on the ashcan bandwagon, they had a tendency to release ashcans as dealer promos AFTER the issues hit the stands. I have a box of promotional material in storage and this was right in the wheelhouse of when I had my Diamond account and I remember getting ashcans after the fact. It was strange.

hm

I'd REALLY like to see some production numbers on the

Regular Edition

Gold Variant

Black & White Variant

Ashcan

Why is this information always so difficult to track down?

To return to the topic at hand ... does anyone know whether the Darker Image ashcan predates Darker Image #1?

What's odd about Image at that time is that, jumping on the ashcan bandwagon, they had a tendency to release ashcans as dealer promos AFTER the issues hit the stands. I have a box of promotional material in storage and this was right in the wheelhouse of when I had my Diamond account and I remember getting ashcans after the fact. It was strange.

I'm almost certain that the Darker Image Ashcan came out after the actual #1. hm

hm

Regular Edition

Gold Variant

Black & White Variant

Ashcan

I googled the hell out of it and came up dry.

hm

Regular Edition

Gold Variant

Black & White Variant

Ashcan

The regular #1 had CapCity orders of 250k+, so the actual print run is bound to be a lot higher than that.

hm

Regular Edition

Gold Variant

Black & White Variant

Ashcan

The regular #1 had CapCity orders of 250k+, so the actual print run is bound to be a lot higher than that.

I have seen longboxes full of the regular editions. I wouldn't be surprised if it were double that or more.

Don't have any scans but when I get back, I will scan sell all of them to T.J.

hm

Is this the right place to announce this will be my next focus? :shy:

So anyway, The Maxx? Anyone? Anyone?
I was gonna collect this one, but you Copper guys are too hardcore for this country boy from New Hampster. I'm going back to Moderns and collect my easy to grade IDW books. lol

So the only thing we've determine thus far is that Darker Image #1 is indeed the 1st appearance of The Maxx as said by the creator Sam Keith on his website? That CGC will now label all Dark Image #1 from this point on with the "1st appearance" title on the label. And that the books we know to exsist are:

Darker Image #1 Ashcan (different colors or just the red one?)

Darker Image #1

Darker Image #1 Gold

Darker Image #1 Platinum

Oh, and we all have strong opinions about RMA. :facepalm:

Am I missing anything 36 pages in?

Edited by whetteon

So the only thing we've determine thus far is that Darker Image #1 is indeed the 1st appearance of The Maxx as said by the creator Sam Keith on his website? That CGC will now label all Dark Image #1 from this point on with the "1st appearance" title on the label. And that the books we know to exsist are:

Darker Image #1

Darker Image #1 Gold

Darker Image #1 Platinum

There's no DI #1 Platinum - it's the DI #1 Black & White - and there's only one version of the ashcan.

Darker Image #1

Darker Image #1 Gold

Darker Image #1 Platinum

There's no DI #1 Platinum - it's the DI #1 Black & White - and there's only one version of the ashcan.

I have the sole DI #1 Vibranium. :banana:

Darker Image #1

Darker Image #1 Gold

Darker Image #1 Platinum

:( Im so with sean on the b&w Vs Platinum. Platinum sounds so much more exciting.

Darker Image #1

Darker Image #1 Gold

Darker Image #1 Platinum

I have the sole DI #1 Vibranium. :banana:

DI #1 Mithral over here

:whistle:

Darker Image #1

Darker Image #1 Gold

Darker Image #1 Platinum

:( Im so with sean on the b&w Vs Platinum. Platinum sounds so much more exciting.

I guess the nomenclature really depends on which one is rarer. If it is finally determined that the "Black & White" version is rarer than the "Gold" version than the "Platinum" title works...if not, the Black & White makes more sense.