• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1st appearance of The Maxx
3 3

464 posts in this topic

The Standard Guide lists the Darker Image #1 Black and White variant as 1/LE (Limited Edition) which would seem to indicate that it is rarer than the Gold.

Not necessarily. We picked up the issue naming codes from ComicBase, which we had merged our list with -- and "Ltd" was just one of the picks (to avoid it being simply the non-descriptive "B" or "C" cover) in the database. It was certainly more limited than the main version, but I wouldn't assume we had any knowledge about where it ranked relative to the other version.

Welcome (back) to the boards. (thumbs u

I wonder if all these figures are printed somewhere... Maybe in Wizard or Retailer or any of the other comic related magazines...

Edited by sckao

The Standard Guide lists the Darker Image #1 Black and White variant as 1/LE (Limited Edition) which would seem to indicate that it is rarer than the Gold.

Not necessarily. We picked up the issue naming codes from ComicBase, which we had merged our list with -- and "Ltd" was just one of the picks (to avoid it being simply the non-descriptive "B" or "C" cover) in the database. It was certainly more limited than the main version, but I wouldn't assume we had any knowledge about where it ranked relative to the other version.

Great site you got there John. I appreciate the work you put into it.

:cloud9:

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

It is almost always patently false. He is not causing trouble. He is zealously, vociferously and aggressively debating all of the points that he feels are worthy of his efforts. If you don't like it, go away. I did. Go find the last time I really engaged RMA. It was about the comics distribution system. I thought he was full of mess, but he kept on steaming along. Finally I gave up. He is still my friend, even though I think he was cuckoo for cocoa puffs for thinking that he knows exactly what may or may not have happened with pallets of Silver Surfer #4s circa 1969.

These are posts on an internet chat board and the haters get themselves wound so frickin tight about his posts and then they blame him. HUH???? The bottom line is that haters want him gone, and they follow him around to goad him into engaging all of them at once and making himself look like he is frothing at the mouth, because they want him gone. The real question is whether he will stop taking the bait before the haters get what they want.

Really?

He's a petulant blowhard who get his jollies from "winning" internet arguments - either through outright bullying or by dissecting every single minute detail of any previous post and then following it up with a wall of text designed specifically to make other people leave in exasperated disgust.

He loves playing the victim, he revels in other peoples' dislike, and his constant need for attention, his self-aggrandizing posturing and tendency to carpet-bomb any thread within a 2 mile radius of the Copper forum makes these boards a shiittier place to be.

And, yeah, I have him on ignore - which, unfortunately, doesn't mean that I'm not subjected to his drive-by jabs & patronizing snarks in pretty much every thread of interest.

At what point is the burden not on me to "go away", but rather on him to start acting like a friggin' decent human being?

:popcorn:

I was looking through the Market and found Maxx 1/2 Red Foil Test CGC 9.6 listed pretty high up on the "most expensive" and "most bids" list. Pretty damn cool book but is it $300 cool? hm

You could always pass on this one and hope you find another cheaper and in as nice a shape.

There are 9 more that exist.

I was looking through the Market and found Maxx 1/2 Red Foil Test CGC 9.6 listed pretty high up on the "most expensive" and "most bids" list. Pretty damn cool book but is it $300 cool? hm

You could always pass on this one and hope you find another cheaper and in as nice a shape.

There are 9 more that exist.

I understand the rarity. It's a very cool book, no doubt. I'm just saying the price tag is a bit high for me. However, it's clearly not out of reach for someone else. (thumbs u

Honestly, it's just cool to see it.

When you look at relatively common books going for $400-500 because it's signed by someone hard to get, and that there are 50 books signed by that particular person it makes perfect sense to me that this is a $300+ book given that only 10 were ever printed and most of those aren't even close to 9.6.

Basically I've seen far less scarce a book go for far more. So it doesn't shock me.