• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1st appearance of The Maxx
3 3

464 posts in this topic

Sweet jesus, no.

You guys have to admit that was wicked funny.

Funny, yes.

Headed over Angel Falls in a boat made out of Silly Putty and used Pixie stix, also yes.

Does silly putty float? hm

Sweet jesus, no.

You guys have to admit that was wicked funny.

Funny, yes.

Headed over Angel Falls in a boat made out of Silly Putty and used Pixie stix, also yes.

Does silly putty float? hm

Break out the large scales and bring me a duck and an egg of silly putty.

Well, back in 1993/94 DI 1 was certainly being touted as the first appearance.

I remember one local shop had a spare 5,000 of them and they had them up on the wall for 50 cents each, touting the $5 or whatever "Wizard" value.

Every time I see one in a 50 cent box (as well as Maxx 1) my hands say "take it, that was a pretty good character) and then my brain says...no, enough already! And then I go ahead an buy an X-Men 2 because it is the second Deadpool app.

I remember one local shop had a spare 5,000 of them and they had them up on the wall for 50 cents each, touting the $5 or whatever "Wizard" value.

Every time I see one in a 50 cent box (as well as Maxx 1) my hands say "take it, that was a pretty good character) and then my brain says...no, enough already! And then I go ahead an buy an X-Men 2 because it is the second Deadpool app.

I think that's X-Force #2...but I get your point. (thumbs u

I can't resist some of that early/mid-90's drek sometimes too...

That's a beautiful sig line.

Thanks! Now I just need a B&W Darker Image #1 SS Sam Kieth to go along with those...It was the 1st appearance of The Maxx after all (thumbs u

Dibs. Dorkface.

I think that's X-Force #2...but I get your point. (thumbs u

I can't resist some of that early/mid-90's drek sometimes too...

yes, i stand corrected. i also buy the x-force 1 with the deadpool card. why? i dunno.

between me, flying donut and 150 or so other hairy middle aged guys buying every cheap sharp copy of x-force 2 we see for speculation purposes, the supply ought to start getting sucked up eventually and it might be a solid $2 book one day!

Well, according to GPA it's a solid $40-$50 book in 9.8... :o

I know, right? I forget who pointed it out to me, maybe GACollectibles, but it is a consistent seller. Just don't be on the tail end of the next 500 to be subbed. lol