• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1st appearance of The Maxx
3 3

464 posts in this topic

STATUS UPDATE:

CGC has kindly agreed to the recommendation Darker Image 1 is the 1st appearance of The Maxx, and going forward the label will reflect this detail.

:whee:

:golfclap: Awesome great job!

So would that make the Ashcans the first first appearance of The Maxx? ;)

KGrHqJosE63YPzdvHBO2n5iupTw60_3.jpg

PS: We sooooo need a Edgar Wright directed The Maxx movie :cloud9:

Can you get a closer pic of the stamp on the right edge of the book? I think all of my copies have a different one than that. (In my head it's of Julie)

Also, given a decent budget, I'd love to see what Wright could do with the Maxx. Given no budget, I'd like to see him do it starring me as Mr. Gone. And given eleven American dollars, I'd like to see him direct a Nescafe commerical. (But seriously, I just had a Spaced bender. The man can do no wrong.)

STATUS UPDATE:

CGC has kindly agreed to the recommendation Darker Image 1 is the 1st appearance of The Maxx, and going forward the label will reflect this detail.

:whee:

:golfclap: Awesome great job!

:whistle:

I just looked up his current work. I didn't realize he was working on Ant-Man.

hm

Well, the vote's 31 to 18, it's been a week, and you all decided. I would have honored the decision no matter which way it would have gone. Despite the misgivings of my well-intentioned friends, when people invent things about you out of thin air, anyone is hard pressed to not say something about it, especially...especially...when they say it when you can't reply.

(thumbs u

Condescending or patronizing much? (shrug)

:eyeroll:

Having known Johnny for years, and broken bread with him on many occasions, I can assure you he is one of the nicest, most non-confrontational guys I know. There are a lot of people around here who are condescending and patronizing, me n' Bossy being two prime examples, but Johnny ain't one of 'em.

:)

You are saying I was going to buy a copy of Maxx 1 for $8,000? Or Primer 5?

I can name all the comics I have paid 8k or higher for. I assure you Maxx 1 or Primer 5 are not ones that would even enter the radar. I might pay that for the OA cover.

I might pay a few hundred for a Sam Kieth sig series if it was the only one.

I guess I'm really not sure what this is all about and why I was brought into a discussion

Enjoy your Copper books gents

Joe, you are saying you didn't ask me who Comic Sutra was on Ebay, and if he was a board member as you were going to make an offer on his Primer 5 CGC 9.8 to add to your Comico Primer registry set?

Comico Primer Registry

And at that time, it was priced at $8,000 on Ebay. Then when I informed you it was RMA, that's when you bailed because he had "set you straight" on a topic that led to you putting him on ignore.

"Comic-Sutra" bring back memories?

My Primer #5 was never, at any time, priced at $8,000. I should know, too.

After all...I'm the seller. $8,000 for a Copper book, when no Copper book besides Turtles #1 has ever sold for much more than $5K...and Primer #5 is NOT a major key...is ludicrous.

The most it was ever priced at was $2999.95, because I had no idea what the market would support. I had heard that Charlie was looking for one for $2500, but he wasn't, so after a couple times, I lowered the price to $1999.95. I expected no more than $1,000 for it (as that was the standing offer I had from someone), and didn't want to sell at that. When I got the $1500 offer, I hit the accept button just as fast as my fingers could. I was thrilled with that price (as seanfingh can attest, from the time of the sale.)

I see, it's a bit of clarification thats all, yes at one time I was going to make an offer on that book, but not pay 8k

Yes I asked who comic sutra was.

However, RMA and I had had a disagreement recently regarding a different book, in it he stated he does not like to negotiate, that the price is what it is.

This is not accurate. I don't like to negotiate with low-ballers. I negotiate all the time, as my eBay account will liberally demonstrate.

By the way...the book in question is the Sandman #1 9.8 signed by Sam Kieth, the only one, that is currently in Doc Joe's sig line. So, he DID obtain the book he wanted, albeit after someone bought it from me.

Thinkin of a master plan

Cuz ain't nuthin but sweat inside my hand

So I dig into my pocket, all my money is spent

So I dig deeper but still comin up with lint

So I start my mission- leave my residence

Thinkin how could I get some dead presidents

I need money, I used to be a stick-up kid

So I think of all the devious things I did

I used to roll up, this is a hold up, ain't nuthin' funny

Stop smiling, be still, don't nuthin' move but the money

But now I learned to earn cos I'm righteous

I feel great! so maybe I might just

Search for a 9 to 5, if I strive

Then maybe I'll stay alive

Thinkin of a master plan

I always liked the remix

Thinkin of a master plan

I always liked the remix

Old people. :preach:

Guest Grails
When I got the $1500 offer, I hit the accept button just as fast as my fingers could. I was thrilled with that price (as seanfingh can attest, from the time of the sale.)

Congratulations on that sale. And people thought I was crazy when I posted a WTB: 9.8 Primer 5 for 1K a few years ago.

When I got the $1500 offer, I hit the accept button just as fast as my fingers could. I was thrilled with that price (as seanfingh can attest, from the time of the sale.)

Congratulations on that sale. And people thought I was crazy when I posted a WTB: 9.8 Primer 5 for 1K a few years ago.

:cloud9: