• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where Does Your Stuff go When You Pass? Apparently Straight to eBay.

94 posts in this topic

I am under the assumption that my wife would treat my comic books after I am "gone", like I would treat her jewelry collection if she "went" first.

Get what I can for it, in cash or trade.

I have taken cosiderable efforts to not let her know how to contact "you guys".

:)

Oh I'm sure my wife will burn them in the front yard with a sigh of relief.

Does your wife have a long lost sister because I think I'm married to her.

my wife refuses to acknowledge that they even exist!

I'm perplexed by these women who seem to think comics are "bad" or pretend they don't exist. Women have plenty of hobbies akin to comics: shoes, bags, ect. It's all relative. :makepoint:

I agree. In all honesty, there was a certain imbalance of time and money spent on them which causes some deserved friction...but even now with it in balance, it serves as a "Wedge".

So I am in the market for a Detective Comics 48 and I take a look at every one that is put up for sale or auction on eBay.

While looking at this listing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-Comics-DETECTIVE-BATMAN-Golden-48-good-nice-issue-1941-1st-batmobile-/370567692628?pt=UK_Books_Comics_Magazines_US_Comics_ET&hash=item56478e4154

I noticed the name, "Rodolphe Marinelli", written on the cover along with the initials "RM" in cursive. Curiosity got the better of me and I decided to see what happened to Mr. Marinelli. A quick google search led me here and this man fits the age of who would have once been the owner of this comic.

http://www.imorial.com/rodolphemarinelli/

He died last year at the age of 82. He would have purchased this book around the age of 13-14.

It is a question that I saw on another collecting board. What happens to all of your stuff when your number is called?

It would have been nice if you would have been able to contact him. I'm sure he would have been thrilled to see this. Stinks you are one year too late. Maybe you might be able to contact his children?

I put it in the will that they get auctioned by a reputable auction house (heritage, etc) and NOT dumped on e-bay, pawned, or sent off to good will. I also coached my wife on how to know which ones are valuable and which ones not (by how I've bagged them).

There's some provision for me to leave some specific books to my kids if they are interested in them.

Basically my goal is to make sure my family doesn't get fleeced when I die.

My wife knows to contact a certain board member who lives nearby. (thumbs u

Same for me. (thumbs u

(well, different board member obviously).

my better half is the same way

Funny Book Loving Wife !! :takeit::acclaim::cloud9::foryou:

My wife built cabinets to house my comic collection. :acclaim:

My wife will place a phone call to Kentucky.

She'll also need to keep TupennyConan alive some way.

So I am in the market for a Detective Comics 48 and I take a look at every one that is put up for sale or auction on eBay.

While looking at this listing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-Comics-DETECTIVE-BATMAN-Golden-48-good-nice-issue-1941-1st-batmobile-/370567692628?pt=UK_Books_Comics_Magazines_US_Comics_ET&hash=item56478e4154

I noticed the name, "Rodolphe Marinelli", written on the cover along with the initials "RM" in cursive. Curiosity got the better of me and I decided to see what happened to Mr. Marinelli. A quick google search led me here and this man fits the age of who would have once been the owner of this comic.

http://www.imorial.com/rodolphemarinelli/

He died last year at the age of 82. He would have purchased this book around the age of 13-14.

It is a question that I saw on another collecting board. What happens to all of your stuff when your number is called?

It would have been nice if you would have been able to contact him. I'm sure he would have been thrilled to see this. Stinks you are one year too late. Maybe you might be able to contact his children?

I took your idea and acted upon it. I wrote the following.

Hi - I am a comic collector. While looking at an old Batman book I came across one that might have been owned by your grandfather. I was bored and wanted to see whatever happened to the original owner of the book. That search led me here. Thought you might want to see:

I AM NOT THE SELLER

Anyway... regards

You guys have wives? :baiting:

oy im dyin here, just got to the end of the first page and i cant stop laughing all ready

^^

"like new" my effin arse. doh!:roflmao:

That was one of many reasons that I instantly passed on this copy.

It's easy to miss that check box on eBay - the rest of the description is OK. I wouldn't assume this was an attempt to oversell the book.

:sorry:

On a related note, you got any nice SS books?? :grin:

I am under the assumption that my wife would treat my comic books after I am "gone", like I would treat her jewelry collection if she "went" first.

Get what I can for it, in cash or trade.

I have taken cosiderable efforts to not let her know how to contact "you guys".

:)

You could at least let her know I want your Buck Rogers 1. :baiting:

My wife will place a phone call to Kentucky.

She'll also need to keep TupennyConan alive some way.

My wife also has expilicit intructions to make you and Neil fight over my REH collection. :devil: