• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1000 comics in 2012 book club

991 posts in this topic

Only 3 today.

Strange Tales #s 103 and 104 (Essential Human Torch)

Im counting this as 1. They were pretty good. Simple stories with simple characters(Paste Pot Pete, HAH!). Couldnt get any better.

st103.jpg

st104.jpg

T.H.U.D.E.R. Agent: Dynamo #2

This was actually alot better than i was expecting. It had good action and alot of humor that actually made me chuckle a couple times. I highly reccomend this if anyone hasnt read it.

dynamo2.jpg

Marvel Treasury Special Edition #2: Captain America's Bicentennial Battles

Pretty good Cap story with great Kirby art. Its also pretty cool to see those full 2 page splashes in the treasury size.

mtse2.jpg

Yellowjacket Comics #2

This is the one i read yesterday, but i haven't posted a pic of it yet.

yjc2.jpg

4 down, 996 to go.

Did not make my goal in 2011, but because I got stuck in airports and on planes on the 2nd, I am starting the year with a bang. Maybe I will make the 1000 this year....

Marvels Project- 8 issues (Great read!)

Walking Dead V15- 6 issues (Still great (thumbs u )

Captain America: The Trial Of Captain America- 6 issues (Brubaker still going strong!)

Superman: Secret Origin- 6 issues (Nice update (thumbs u )

Secret Warriors V5- 5 issues (Love this series! Nick Fury is so damn cool!)

Secret Warriors V6- 4 issues (See above...)

Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors- 7 issues (One of the weaker story arcs.)

Green Lantern Corps: The Weponer- 5 issues (Pretty good.)

Green Lantern: War Of The Green Lanterns- 11 issues (Good story, just getting a bit bored with all these different rings. Still, since Johns took over a few years ago, this is still the best GL stuff that has been done in a very long time)

58 comics read since Jan 1st

I'm going to give this a shot this year. Fairly sure I won't make a thousand, but I'd like to see how many I do read.

1- Out Our Way - Complete strips from 1922. Some of these are dated, some rather fresh. Link to DCM

2- Black Magic #1 (Prize, 1950) Simon & Kirby horror. Not bad, but not on par with what ACG was doing in 1950. Link to DCM

My 2011 results:

issuesread.jpg

1247 total issues read between singles & trades.

I'll try to do this again in 2012.

What changed in June (when I was on pace to read 2000+ books)? I finally got a job, and the same month my daughter got diagnoised with ASD, so comic reading time has drastically declined... but Im back with a vengeance! (or at least determined to read after everyone goes to bed!)

Goals:

1. Read my near-complete Hal Jordan run starting with the two Green Lantern Omnibuses and moving to single issues all the way thru to the Johns Relaunch (which I read last year)

2. Read any Omnibuses that I haven't touched, first up will be Howard the Duck.

Read MANGA MAN by Barry Lyga and art by Colleen Doran. 1-shot graphic novel about a manga boy that gets pulled through a rift and finds himself in a modern U.S. town. You DO NOT have to be a fan of Manga(I'm not) to enjoy this book. My favorite part of the book is when our hero is explaining to a girl how we are all just living in comic panels and he reaches from one panel to the next to grab her. Well thought out, fun concept and a fun read. (thumbs u

up next was CYLINDERHEAD: an 80's b/w indie from Slave Labor. What to say? It's an 80s indie with some weird concept, decent art and it makes me wonder how Slave Labor stayed in business :makepoint: