• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lowest CGC Serial Number Thread

46 posts in this topic

The WDC&S #1 was sold in Summer 2011, still in its original slab. Knowing its current owner, I expect it will stay that way.

First CGC book on eBay: FF 1, 5.0 blue label, $1940 to Metropolis. February, 2000.

Do you have a scan or recall the certificate #?

I do not. There were two other books with that submission that were also sold at that time, a Justice League of America 1 in 6.5, and an Incredible Hulk 2 in 5.0 (I think).

I believe this is the first slabbed book.

WALT DISNEY'S COMICS AND STORIES #1 CGC 8.5

Ahh, the ol' start-numbering-at-1000-trick to make it look like you've been around for awhile! I used to do this when I opened up a checking account. That's very cool, I was surprised the listing made no mention of it being the first slabbed book...

No, the invoice number is the first 7 digits. The last 3 are it's position on the invoice.

Yep...

Invoice: 0000001

Book: 001

Which is odd why they have three digits for the book number when you can only put 30 books on a single invoice.

You can put 100 copies of X-Force #1 as a single line item on a submission form and each one would require its own distinct serial number; therefore, requiring three digits.

Why is it that whenever a person on these boards try to demonstrate a rediculous or absurd situation/example/story, they use the X-Force #1???

I mean wasn't that the greatest comic book of the 90's?

The benchmark of all things to come.

When you think of great artists, Kirby is King and Leifeld is Queen.....right?

I believe this is the first slabbed book.

WALT DISNEY'S COMICS AND STORIES #1 CGC 8.5

Ahh, the ol' start-numbering-at-1000-trick to make it look like you've been around for awhile! I used to do this when I opened up a checking account. That's very cool, I was surprised the listing made no mention of it being the first slabbed book...

No, the invoice number is the first 7 digits. The last 3 are it's position on the invoice.

Yep...

Invoice: 0000001

Book: 001

Which is odd why they have three digits for the book number when you can only put 30 books on a single invoice.

You can put 100 copies of X-Force #1 as a single line item on a submission form and each one would require its own distinct serial number; therefore, requiring three digits.

Why is it that whenever a person on these boards try to demonstrate a rediculous or absurd situation/example/story, they use the X-Force #1???

I mean wasn't that the greatest comic book of the 90's?

The benchmark of all things to come.

When you think of great artists, Kirby is King and Leifeld is Queen.....right?

Court Jester, perhaps?