• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Grading Company: 60 Day Grading

57 posts in this topic

So I was just killin' time on my lunch break when I went on ebay and searched for 'cgc 9.9' and I came across this listing:

WTF?

The company is 60 Day Grading, their site is at www.6dgrading.com and apparently they have been around for about a year now?

Anyone ever hear of these guys? Anyone curious, and willing to send in a book, or has anyone sent a book in to them?

Jerome

From their Website:

Recent member of the Comic Book Collecting Association, who’s members all recieve a 25% discount on all gradings! (use of associations name is un solicited and is not an endorsement. we’re just a member of the association.)

If they are a member of the CBCA, they might also be a member here or someone may know them.

Based on this comment on their website

While the service is targeted mainly to Canadians the service is also available to anyone, anywhere.

I would say they are based in Canada.

And there are a few typos on the first page. :blush:

I think it is the ebay seller grading his own books. They are both in Trail. BC.

That's fantastic,I'm going to grade all my books 9.9s and sell them for a huge profit. :whee:

:boo:

Why not just make it an even 10? I see no problem with it.

DR.X

I am opening a new grading service called "Fat Guy in Brooklyn Will Grade Your Comics in 30 Days or Less." I will charge a flat $10 fee per comic and all comics will be encapsulated in old yellow "Robert Bell" bags that I have removed from my personal collection comics over the years and tossed into the corner of my comic room. The pile of old bags is currently six feet tall, so I have enough encapsulation material to last me for a while.

I think it is the ebay seller grading his own books. They are both in Trail. BC.

That's fantastic,I'm going to grade all my books 9.9s and sell them for a huge profit. :whee:

DR.X

:headbang: I'm going to be soooooo rich.

DR.X

There's already a company that does that. It's called PGX.

DR.X

Think I'll send them a TMNT #1 1st print,and get back a 3rd print. hm

Sheesh. I find some occasional typos in some works I've published, but generally speaking, I'd like to think each article is 98-99% error free. This site is riddled with problems. Maybe the head librarian could provide some added guidance as a copy editor? If so little care goes into the details of the language you use to communicate to your customers, how much attention to detail goes into the grading?

doh!

DR.X

Make sure you " just happen" to video tape it also.

DR.X

Sheesh. I find some occasional typos in some works I've published, but generally speaking, I'd like to think each article is 98-99% error free. This site is riddled with problems. Maybe the head librarian could provide some added guidance as a copy editor? If so little care goes into the details of the language you use to communicate to your customers, how much attention to detail goes into the grading?

doh!

Maybe they're French Canadian?

DR.X

A history lesson for the uninformed. lol I just got " off the phone with my honey"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZJ4VwFHSp4