• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4 NIFTY GOLDEN AGE BOOKS LEFT + DAREDEVIL 1 + more

34 posts in this topic

I am listing 11 nifty golden age books here. Paypal or money order is cool. First "I'll take it" at the requested price trumps PM'd offers. These were picked up by me from 1994 - 1998 before ebay. All prices include shipping in the USA. I am happy to sell to established boardies from Canada, UK, Australia, etc., we just need to figure out the shipping cost for a safe secure and trackable method, which will be actual cost to me. And we need to figure out customs issues. Also, the purchase of multiple items shipped to the same address will result in a discount reflecting the savings to me in shipping costs vs. 2 separate packages. I want to be fair here.

First up we have All-American Comics 30, featuring the original Green Lantern, Doiby Dickles and lots more. I grade this as a VG/Fine (5.0). The 2010 Overstreet (I have not gotten around to buying the 2011 OPG and 2012's is just around the corner) has this at $500, presumably it is a little more in the 2011 edition. I would like $425 for this gem, which includes insured priority mail shipping.

all30.jpg

all30back.jpg

Next up is Green Lantern 6. I also grade this as a VG/Fine, although I'm pretty sure it was sold to me as a Fine and, honestly, I've seen plenty of CGC'd GA fines that look like this. The 2010 Overstreet has this at $612.50 in VG/Fine, 2011 is probably a little more no doubt. I would like $535 for this, which includes insured priority mail shipping. The $425 you see on the mylar is what it was marked at when I bought it around 15 years ago, although honestly, I have no idea what I actually paid. I was single back then and made plenty of money, so who knows?

gl6.jpg

gl6back.jpg

Next up is the classic Barks' Donald Duck in Four Color Comics 108 "Terror of the River", which I grade as a F/VF. 2010 Overstreet has this at $897 in F/VF. I would like $740, which includes insured priority mail shipping in the USA.

fc108.jpg

fc108back.jpg

sold Next at bat we have Whiz Comics 32. 1st App. of the Trolls and a Hitler/Mussolini parody. Spy Smasher as well. I grade it as a Fine mainly due to the obviouswear/blunting going on at the spine corners, but otherwise it is a very nifty copy. 2010 OPG has this at $159 in Fine. I would like $115 shipped.

whiz32.jpg

whiz32back.jpg

SOLD And now we have Lone Ranger 1. I don't know about you, but watching B&W re-runs of the Lone Ranger TV show was a big part of my early childhood in the 70's. And now he's back in his own comic! I grade this as a FIne +. 2010 OPG has this at $227.50 in Fine+. I would like $180 for it shipped.

lone1.jpg

lone1back.jpg

SOLD Next up is Star Spangled Comics 27. A Simon & Kirby masterpiece! This looks like it is in the 3.0 - 3.5 range (the front cover looks like a 7.5...the back not so much), but the pages are tan/dark cream (not brittle, however) and there's a dark dust shadow on the inside, so the PQ isn't so hot, so I would grade it as a straight "Good"/2.0 to be on the safe side as I'm never really sure how page color should impact a grade, if at all. 2010 OPG has this at $103 in Good. The wavy wrinkles are from the comic bag, not the comic. I would like $75 for this shipped. Honestly, this is a book CGC could give a VG to, I've seen worse, but who knows?

star27.jpg

star27back.jpg

Next up is Walt Disney's Christmas Parade #1 (look under Dell Giant Comics in OPG). I grade this as a Fine...really a nice copy other than it looks like someone actually read it so there's a reading crease at the spine, but the spine is in otherwise really nice shape, which is almost impossible to find in these 60 year old 100 page giants. 2010 OPG has this at $189 in Fine. I would like $140 shipped:

christmas.jpg

christmasback.jpg

SOLD Next up is Rip Kirby Feature Book 51, featuring awesome Alex Raymond art. I grade this at a VF-. 2010 OPG has this at $182 in VF-. I would like $135 shipped.

rip51.jpg

rip51back.jpg

SOLD Why stop at one Rip Kirby book? Here's Feature Book 54. I grade it as a Fine+, which 2010 OPG lists at $130.75 in Fine+. I would like $100 shipped.

rip54.jpg

rip54back.jpg

SOLD Why stop at two Rip Kirby books? Here's Harvey Comic Hits # 57. More Alex Raymond! I grade it as a Fine -, mainly due to the discloration on/around the bottom staple, otherwise it's more like a 7.0 - 7.5. 2010 OPG has this at $41.25 in Fine -. I would like $25, shipped.

harvey57.jpg

harvey57back.jpg

SOLD And, finally, a bit of an oddball rarity. I have no idea how to price this. OPG lists this as "Rare"...it is a one-shot from Avon. I don't see it on Metropolis's site and see no history of it where I can find it. It is listed on cpg.com...but the scan of the comic seems to be a scan of my copy (probably because I think I might have posted it here at some point in the last 10 years). Strangely enough, mycomicsshop also has the same scan for the comic (which they are out of stock on). So, unless they all happen to be damaged in the same way, I'm pretty sure these scans all came from me (the comic was not bought on ebay and wasn't even bought from a comic dealer...it had been sitting in inventory for 50 years of a magazine distributor, so nobody else would have scanned this copy). Anyway. F the guide on this one. I'd like $150 for it. If it's worth $300, then so be it.

sideshow.jpg

sideshowback.jpg

Maybe I'll follow up with another 11 nifty books, but right now my wife is yelling at me to make dinner.

And, finally, a bit of an oddball rarity. I have no idea how to price this. OPG lists this as "Rare"...it is a one-shot from Avon. I don't see it on Metropolis's site and see no history of it where I can find it. It is listed on cpg.com...but the scan of the comic seems to be a scan of my copy (probably because I think I might have posted it here at some point in the last 10 years). Strangely enough, mycomicsshop also has the same scan for the comic (which they are out of stock on). So, unless they all happen to be damaged in the same way, I'm pretty sure these scans all came from me (the comic was not bought on ebay and wasn't even bought from a comic dealer...it had been sitting in inventory for 50 years of a magazine distributor, so nobody else would have scanned this copy). Anyway. F the guide on this one. I'd like $150 for it. If it's worth $300, then so be it.

sideshow.jpg

It's a Gerber 8. (shrug) Wish I had the scratch.

That Sideshow book is blowing my mind. Checked online and every reference and seller site I found had this exact book with the chip on bottom, as the place holder for the book image, no one has this book available.

Congrats. I'm beginning to wonder whether this is something there are only a few copies of out there.

Goes to show, post one scan on the internet X # of years ago and it winds up being THE only fricking scan of the issue out there. Is there a picture of this in Gerber?

Congrats. I'm beginning to wonder whether this is something there are only a few copies of out there.

Goes to show, post one scan on the internet X # of years ago and it winds up being THE only fricking scan of the issue out there. Is there a picture of this in Gerber?

yes it's in Avon One-shots it's cropped but looks good.

is the chip out of the bottom a production flaw shown in gerber and I'm just delusional that every scan out there is of my copy? looks too random on my copy for that, but who knows.

is the chip out of the bottom a production flaw shown in gerber and I'm just delusional that every scan out there is of my copy? looks too random on my copy for that, but who knows.

the scan in gerber looks like a HG book without the chip. All four edges may be cropped though so not 100% sure.

Package deals:

The All American and GL 6 together for $855.

The FC 108 and Christmas Parade together for $780

--------------------------------

Take another 10% off the Lone Ranger 1, Star Spangled 27 and Whiz 32

Alright folks, feel free to PM me offers. There's some pretty good stuff in here. I won't bite. I'm not desperate, but I am willing to negotiate. Otherwise these go to my ebay store where I think they might drive a little traffic in.

I would like $180 for it shipped.

lone1.jpg

I would like $75 for this shipped.

star27.jpg

Wow...The Red Lone Ranger and a fire fighter cover... hm

Yes, I think you need these as some sort of theme set. Take another 5% off the already 10% off the original prices.

:takeit: Sideshow

:applause:

Wish I had seen this earlier.

It was gone in 19 minutes, so you had to act quick! It's going up to Canada to a new home, so at least I'm getting back some of those petrol dollars I spend every week.