• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fatale anyone?

1,017 posts in this topic

All my LCS owners tell me their regular readers did not buy it or talk about it. All sales were known local eBay sellers.

Also your theory of multiple books in a picture never hurt Chew, Walking Dead, Invincible, almost every hot variant in the last 10 years and Morning Glories. I've seen it myself.

The long term success of the book will depend on you staying on board with the title. If you own your copies purely for speculation then you already have your answer.

Anyone know anything about Hell Yeah?

Interesting. Cover B just sold for almost $20, krighton. I think that's the highest I've seen for that one. Wonder if that's the peak for now on B. :popcorn:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/350531638183?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I think the Beast cover is going to keep moving up and that the Beauty cover will be worth half what the Beast cover demands becuase there are twice as many copies of the Beauty cover. Think about Spiderman #1 UPC. It's not the most pleasing cover, but its rarity drives its price. Ultimately, scarcity is what drives the price of hot books with variant covers (unless they are regional variants which people just don't trust or consider to be authentic alternatives). Do you think the Beauty cover will demand more than the Beast cover? If so, what do you base that on?

it tells me people don't have a clue how to sell stuff on ebay. You don't put up a picture of stacks of a comic when you're selling them. Makes people think there's tons of them out there and descreases demand.

Sure he's selling some but about $10 less than they were selling for a week ago.

i'm not sure it's 100% speculator driven, but hey, all comic sales on ebay may be speculator driven so who knows. The speculators will drop off soon and the copies will eventually dry up. 20k isn't a monumental amount anyways, considering the A & B variants.

Oh I agree!

So do you think the A cover could experience an artificial lower print run? I mean if say there is an even split in the A & B covers, that would be about 10k A covers which seemly runs hotter. That probably doesn't make sense but it does in my mind for some reason lol.

it tells me people don't have a clue how to sell stuff on ebay. You don't put up a picture of stacks of a comic when you're selling them. Makes people think there's tons of them out there and descreases demand.

Sure he's selling some but about $10 less than they were selling for a week ago.

i'm not sure it's 100% speculator driven, but hey, all comic sales on ebay may be speculator driven so who knows. The speculators will drop off soon and the copies will eventually dry up. 20k isn't a monumental amount anyways, considering the A & B variants.

Oh I agree!

So do you think the A cover could experience an artificial lower print run? I mean if say there is an even split in the A & B covers, that would be about 10k A covers which seemly runs hotter. That probably doesn't make sense but it does in my mind for some reason lol.

Comic Book Resources printed an article when the book was first relased that indicated that the print run for the Beast cover was 50% of the order for the Beauty cover. The books were ordered seperately. The Beauty cover is more appealing and people ordered more copies of it. Unless CBR made up those numbers, but I have no reason to doubt the article.

If my memory is correct the book is about the 2nd generation of capes. I can dig up the solicitation in Previews if you want me to, but I thought you retailed and that you would have read it. PM me if you want me to summarize it for you.

Oh I agree!

Comic Book Resources printed an article when the book was first relased that indicated that the print run for the Beast cover was 50% of the order for the Beauty cover. The books were ordered seperately. The Beauty cover is more appealing and people ordered more copies of it. Unless CBR made up those numbers, but I have no reason to doubt the article.

So is there anyway of figuring out the order number for the A cover?

Roughly 13,600 of A, 6800 of B

That's why I think people are bonkers for wanting the Beauty cover ... IDK if this title is going to ever be as collectible as Chew, but I wouldn't be shocked if raw copies of the Beast cover sell for $50-$75 with CGC 9.6 going for $125 and 9.8 selling for around $200 in a about three months. Only time will tell.

That's why I think people are bonkers for wanting the Beauty cover ... IDK if this title is going to ever be as collectible as Chew, but I wouldn't be shocked if raw copies of the Beast cover sell for $50-$75 with CGC 9.6 going for $125 and 9.8 selling for around $200 in a about three months. Only time will tell.

Now I see what you're saying.

I'll take that bet. :devil:

Which bet is that?

Which bet is that?

Beast prices in 3 months.

Which bet is that?

Beast prices in 3 months.

Ya, that maybe a little high in my opinion. I can see 20.00-30.00 raw and 40.00-50.00 slabbed (9.8) but it's going to take a good bit longer to realise anything higher....that an more people behind it.