• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fatale anyone?

1,017 posts in this topic

it tells me people don't have a clue how to sell stuff on ebay. You don't put up a picture of stacks of a comic when you're selling them. Makes people think there's tons of them out there and descreases demand.

Sure he's selling some but about $10 less than they were selling for a week ago.

They just sold a set for 29.88..,roughly 15.00 a book and listed another set for sale.

The only reason I think 9.8 CGC copies will sell for so much is because of everyone claiming that all the copies they have are mangled. If they are just blowing smoke, I imagine we'll see prices around $100 - $150. I don't know ... the copies I have look beautiful and I don't know why a book would have so many beat up copies floating around but I don't see any reason why people would lie or puff on an anonymous messaging board that is devoted to collectors.

I'm not sure if it was this thread or another thread, but a bunch of different people suggested that there 5, 10 copies of Fatale 1 had spine creases, bad corners, etc. There was comparable discussion about Thief of Thieves but most of it centered around what I think is a production error so it doesn't really matter with respect to Thief of Thieves. Anyway, if people were serious about that, I don't think there'll be a lot of 9.6/9.8's of Fatale 1. I don't know that people weren't just puffing to try and create some extra heat among the fanatics on this board, but most of the people on here know what they are doing so IDK who knows ...

Hmm, maybe I missed that. I do know that a seemingly common blemish are tiny flecks on the corners and the printing mark on the lower left corner, but other than that I don't recall anyone saying that they were mangled or beat up.

I'm not sure if it was this thread or another thread, but a bunch of different people suggested that there 5, 10 copies of Fatale 1 had spine creases, bad corners, etc. There was comparable discussion about Thief of Thieves but most of it centered around what I think is a production error so it doesn't really matter with respect to Thief of Thieves. Anyway, if people were serious about that, I don't think there'll be a lot of 9.6/9.8's of Fatale 1. I don't know that people weren't just puffing to try and create some extra heat among the fanatics on this board, but most of the people on here know what they are doing so IDK who knows ...

I think people on these boards are smart enough to not fall for "puffing". It will be interesting to see what the Image Expo will produce once our "best" copies are graded.

I have a bad habit of using hyberolic language when I shouldn't ... weren't there compaints about color breaking spine creases and rear cover creases on here too and a couple other things that would knock books down to 9.4 or lower? I don't read that many threads so I don't think I would have mixed the books up.

Has anyone figured out who the monster is on the beast cover for sure?

I think people on these boards are smart enough to not fall for "puffing". It will be interesting to see what the Image Expo will produce once our "best" copies are graded.

There will be thousands of 9.8's if need be. Whether they are blowing smoke or not there are similar stories on print runs of 500 or less and there's no problem getting 9.8's. This is not a small print especially considering people jumped on it on day 1.

And as for people not falling for puffing? :facepalm:

What are you talking about "mangled" or "beat up"?

I think a few people has reported stress marks on the spine and cover on some or all of their copes.

I have a few copies of each. The ones that have spine stress have it in the exact same spot and the mark looks exactly the same. Appears as if something similiar happened to a good chunk of the books.

I suppose it might press out since its on the white border, but I'll wait to invest in that if the book takes off.

What are you talking about "mangled" or "beat up"?

I think a few people has reported stress marks on the spine and cover on some or all of their copes.

I have a few copies of each. The ones that have spine stress have it in the exact same spot and the mark looks exactly the same. Appears as if something similiar happened to a good chunk of the books.

I suppose it might press out since its on the white border, but I'll wait to invest in that if the book takes off.

Indeed. I have found the same flaws on some. If we are wanting the books to be 9.8+, then I can see why some may have a hard time with such flaws. I'm happy with my NM books. I'm even happier with my higher grade copies, of coarse.Loving the story and the art makes it work for me. I think the worst copy I acquired was one with a tear on it, which I placed for sale.

There will be thousands of 9.8's if need be. Whether they are blowing smoke or not there are similar stories on print runs of 500 or less and there's no problem getting 9.8's. This is not a small print especially considering people jumped on it on day 1.

And as for people not falling for puffing? :facepalm:

Hmm, maybe if I reword it and say that "most" people on these boards are smart enough to not fall for "puffing"? lol:baiting:

way too many with those little 'ticks' on the corners for me to believe there are thousands of 9.8s floating out there (unless they allow a corner tick to pass). Although none of the ones i have had any spine crease at all, which i guess will have to be good enough.