• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fatale anyone?

1,017 posts in this topic

when i say corners i don't mean smash but a slight tick, a bit of extension of the paper, not a completely 100% square corner. Most of the ebay scans you see show one of those either on the upper left or lower left corner.

The #1 2nd don't seem to have that problem (as much) and neither does the 2nd issue. But i find it often with 1A & B.

Example, someone is selling Fatale in the sellers forum right now...look at the bottom left corner.

Fatale

when i say corners i don't mean smash but a slight tick, a bit of extension of the paper, not a completely 100% square corner. Most of the ebay scans you see show one of those either on the upper left or lower left corner.

The #1 2nd don't seem to have that problem (as much) and neither does the 2nd issue. But i find it often with 1A & B.

Example, someone is selling Fatale in the sellers forum right now...look at the bottom left corner.

Fatale

That wouldn't prevent a book from receiving a 9.8 grade.

The most common defects I've seen are tiny spine dings and those pesky printer smudges on the white border. The spine tick automatically makes the book 9.6 in my eyes. The printing smudge is another story. I've seen CGC graded 9.8 comics with similar defects, so maybe they aren't as harsh on them as I am.

is that considered a printers defect then....similar to the mark that's on the bottom left corner near the staple?

so that wouldn't be enough to keep it from a 9.8 if everything else is fine but would it be enough to keep it out of 9.9 range? Can a comic with a printers defect ever get a 9.9/10?

is that considered a printers defect then....similar to the mark that's on the bottom left corner near the staple?

I'm calling it a printing defect, but it's hard to tell when it happened. Those white covers are pretty unforgiving, so it could simply be a color rub from a copy on top of it. If I was trying for a 9.8, I wouldn't submit a copy with the smudge, but it's possible that's just my OCD talking.

oh i'm OCD extreme, probably spent too much time holding them up to the light....

well worth sending in then....i fired off some for CGC/SS so guess we'll see what happens. Then it's probably 9.9/10 i've never seen, and potential 9.8s are what's out there.

Fatale

That wouldn't prevent a book from receiving a 9.8 grade.

Ditto with the smudge.

If the corner tear and the smudge are the only issues it's a 9.8.

oh i'm OCD extreme, probably spent too much time holding them up to the light....

well worth sending in then....i fired off some for CGC/SS so guess we'll see what happens. Then it's probably 9.9/10 i've never seen, and potential 9.8s are what's out there.

^^

Thousands. :baiting:

have you guys found any copies withoout the printers smudge in the lower left corner, just to the right of the lower left staple. Even my 2nd print of 1 has it.

I did. My smudge-free copies of the Beauty and Beast covers are on their way to London for a Phillips sig.

I can personally guarantee there are thousands. :popcorn:

:o

have you guys found any copies without the printers smudge in the lower left corner, just to the right of the lower left staple. Even my 2nd print of 1 has it.

Most of mine are smudge free. ;)