• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fatale anyone?

1,017 posts in this topic

guess we'll see if it continues picking up steam....i'd rather not wait and see....worth it to me to grab some now rather than try and get them later. I've read threads (chew for one) where people wait around thinking $10 or $20 is too much for a new comic and then get burned when it's too late to pull the trigger.

Not exactly true. Even Chew that was scorching hot from day 1 was not a big purchase until a year into it.

WD burned so slowly that waiting 6 months meant almost nothing to the pocket book.

99.99% run hot in this time period and then run cold. It is always best to wait until the 6 month mark if not longer.

then there's prophet 21 that has bottomed out before even the 2nd issue and sold out pretty quick with quite a bit of fanfaire. Though i think what killed that one was the 2nd issue being delayed a bit, it lost it's momentum.

Image new releases are the flavour right now. Unless you're paying cover or see a longer trend then best to stay clear. That being said you should always buy what you like. :)

kicking myself for not grabbing some from that lot that was ebay. They're almost all gone from ebay now. This next one will probably go for over $20.00. Beauty cover is at least 2x hotter than the Beast cover, maybe more. Even though it was stated on a website the Beast had 50% less copies i guess it doesn't matter.

someone posted both covers for a buy it now of $20. They were snatched within about 15 minutes.

My God, man. Don't worry about the sales so much. People will bid what they think it's worth. Just enjoy the book. You're going to give yourself a heart attack. :makepoint:

My God, man. Don't worry about the sales so much. People will bid what they think it's worth. Just enjoy the book. You're going to give yourself a heart attack. :makepoint:

nah, half the fun is watching what happens. I love buying and selling just about anything and watching how interest in various items goes up and down.

it's a hobby, don't have a ton invested.

Jeff- have you given it a read yet?

I have not. If I like it I 'll collect it. I am going through a transition for new releases so I have not looked at previews in a few months. :(

kicking myself for not grabbing some from that lot that was ebay. They're almost all gone from ebay now. This next one will probably go for over $20.00. Beauty cover is at least 2x hotter than the Beast cover, maybe more. Even though it was stated on a website the Beast had 50% less copies i guess it doesn't matter.

someone posted both covers for a buy it now of $20. They were snatched within about 15 minutes.

That was me. lol

That was me. lol

:lol:

i should ask, anyone here bidding on the Beauty cover that's sitting at 21.50? hopefully there's more people than just in this thread bidding on them.

:wishluck:

Yeah, it's my bid. I BINed one for $14.99 also. Just got off the phone with a seller, ordered their last Beauty cover for $7.00 shipped.

So i'm done with it now. :ohnoez:

i should ask, anyone here bidding on the Beauty cover that's sitting at 21.50? hopefully there's more people than just in this thread bidding on them.

Not sure I would try to beat that bid as hot as the book is right now. I've paid $10 a pop for copies, but I think that should be the max.

Not sure I would try to beat that bid as hot as the book is right now. I've paid $10 a pop for copies, but I think that should be the max.

And that was for allegedly NM/M copies which I'm happy to pay a little bit more for.