• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A different kind of raffle.

13 posts in this topic

Had an idea this morning. Would it be within board rules to sell raffle tickets for a comic? You could sell 100 $1 chances for a $100 comic or, more exclusively, 25 $10 chances for a $250 comic.

I'm not sure it would be advisable for sales threads due to the potential for shenanigans/favoritism.

But perhaps as part of the VCC weekend events. Comics could be donated and raffled off. And proceeds could go to charity.

Just an idea. What do you guys think?

Raffles aren't legal in all states.

But Ruffles are! :cloud9:

A051828-B.gif

We have two or more charitable raffles in my area that consistently offer either a 2+ million dollar home or about $1.5 million in cash. Entry fee is about $150.00

It's an interesting premise. hm

We have two or more charitable raffles in my area that consistently offer either a 2+ million dollar home or about $1.5 million in cash. Entry fee is about $150.00

It's an interesting premise. hm

I'd play :D

There used to be a wheel manufacturer that raffled off wheels. At the time they were out of my price range but the raffle tickets were $10-$20 each. I quit playing the raffles when I realized I spent enough to have ordered a set of wheels lol

In Alaska you have to have a permit to hold a raffle and those permits are usually held by non profits. They can let others use their permit, but it's on a case by case in Alaska.

A raffle sounds cool to me. If the mods agreed, we'd have to hammer out some rules amongst ourselves and select someone to serve as a neutral party for drawing. Sounds pretty simple to me.
The way I have seen it done is a live stream drawing, like on Tinychat.