• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official January 2012 ComicLink Focused auction thread

126 posts in this topic

Picked up a few lower grade Peds...

RAD525F42012110_74715.jpgRADB254920111122_12315.jpg

Nice.

Did not turn out to be the quiet auction I had hoped for....a lot of my garbage bids held up and I have a lot of nice new books to pay for, and that's with missing out on the first six or seven pages of the auction last night (that JIM # 109 went for a steal!). Lots of bargains to be had if you were picky. Not the normal strong surge of buying we traditionally have seen after the holiday season.

The auctions I was looking at seemed to have weak prices; That #109 did go lower than I would have expected. I almost pulled the trigger on that JIM #89 9.0 also well below GPA I believe but decided to just stick with my 8.0.

Was the underbidder on this... Would have gone higher but wasn't online to bid as it was closing.

:frustrated:

Patience is a virtue when it comes to collecting, though, so hopefully one day I can score another copy in this range...

RAD13FA320111129_141318.jpg

Was the underbidder on this... Would have gone higher but wasn't online to bid as it was closing.

:frustrated:

Patience is a virtue when it comes to collecting, though, so hopefully one day I can score another copy in this range...

RAD13FA320111129_141318.jpg

I liked this book as well. From the front cover scan it is the nicest looking 8.0 in existence. :)

Nice.

Did not turn out to be the quiet auction I had hoped for....a lot of my garbage bids held up and I have a lot of nice new books to pay for, and that's with missing out on the first six or seven pages of the auction last night (that JIM # 109 went for a steal!). Lots of bargains to be had if you were picky. Not the normal strong surge of buying we traditionally have seen after the holiday season.

The auctions I was looking at seemed to have weak prices; That #109 did go lower than I would have expected. I almost pulled the trigger on that JIM #89 9.0 also well below GPA I believe but decided to just stick with my 8.0.

I was surprised by the price of both the #89 9.0 and the JIM #109. Had I known the 89 would have closed so low I would have bought it.

Nice.

I was surprised by the price of both the #89 9.0 and the JIM #109. Had I known the 89 would have closed so low I would have bought it.

I was the underbidder on the 89 but really couldn't go the next step :(

I was limiting myself to only 1 purchase on this auction even though I was watching 5-6 books and won the first one that came up. This is an upgrade to a poorly amateur restored copy(lots of black marker touchup).

:banana:

RAD860A620111122_114417.jpg

Nice looking book for the grade. Love the White pages. Congrats. I was the underbidder on this copy and the GL6. I thought I was going to win since everyone watches GPA so closely and I was already over GPA but White pages seem to be commanding quite the premium lately, justifiably so.

I was limiting myself to only 1 purchase on this auction even though I was watching 5-6 books and won the first one that came up. This is an upgrade to a poorly amateur restored copy(lots of black marker touchup).

:banana:

RAD860A620111122_114417.jpg

Nice looking book for the grade. Love the White pages. Congrats. I was the underbidder on this copy and the GL6. I thought I was going to win since everyone watches GPA so closely and I was already over GPA but White pages seem to be commanding quite the premium lately, justifiably so.

White Pages rules all :headbang:

I was only planning on bidding on the Bone 1, but it went beyond my budget over the past 24 hours. Was going to sit out the remainder of the auction, but at the last minute went ahead and bid on the Megaton 3 and won it.

Megaton3.jpg

i wont be shy!

as you can see from my take, i wasn't feeling right... :ohnoez: i don't have GPA, so please don't tell me i set records with the first and last! :facepalm:

went in wanting 2, one going for much more than i wanted to spend on it and ended up settling with this one (and no, it was not the other one!).

X-Men40_CGC96.jpg

Compulsion at it's best on these two.

NewAvengers1Variant_CGC98.jpg

JungleAction12_CGC98.jpg

and lastly, picked this one up while driving home from school - safe right! (know that feeling when you are overcommitted on books and you get this feeling and you say " it!" and just buy more? well wa-lah!)

ASM300_CGC96oldlabel.jpg

You did incredibly well on the X-Men #40. I spent over $100 more than you did a few months ago. Ugh. This issue was a warehouse find, so it's more abundant and generally less expensive than other X-Men issues from the same era. That being said, it's an important issue with a cool cover. I would have bid on your copy, as well, if my wife wouldn't have killed me for spending too much.

You did incredibly well on the X-Men #40. I spent over $100 more than you did a few months ago. Ugh. This issue was a warehouse find, so it's more abundant and generally less expensive than other X-Men issues from the same era. That being said, it's an important issue with a cool cover. I would have bid on your copy, as well, if my wife wouldn't have killed me for spending too much.

Thanks for the history, I did not know about that and actually wondered why it commanded less of a price. Yeah, if mine knew, I'd be...well I can't really put it any other way but... I'd be f*cked.