• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Record 9.4 Sale...

138 posts in this topic

and now this... 9.4 MS 5's in 9.4 settling back down

MARVEL SPOTLIGHT # 5 CGC NM 9.4...OW/W... $920.00...Jun-13

(poor Steve.. 3 books late for the payday)

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Gee, I couldn't have predicted that:

No way. Supply will increase to satisfy this insane speculator demand, and if anyone wants to get their $2K, I recommend you act fast.

I can see quite a few of these coming out of the woodwork due to the ludicrous prices being realized, and that should drain the $$$ out of the insufficiently_thoughtful_person specs.

The BIN on that copy, by the way, was $300. Sorta wish I picked it up, but after asking twice for the picture, and not getting it, I passed. Can't really afford that right now, but I'd have gone into debt if the grade was accurate. Been hoping to upgrade my 6.0-7.0 copy of this book, looking like I might need to wait it out a bit.

Can't really afford that right now, but I'd have gone into debt if the grade was accurate.

Trust me, the grade's far from accurate. Check out that bottom right corner crease; pretty severe and likely putting it in 7.0 territory, or lower.

7c_3.JPG

Some speculators are just soooooo loose with their money, and scammers like this are taking advantage.

The cut is pretty good on that book and white pages to boot. You almost never see auctions with very high starting bids do as well as auctions where people can get into bidding wars. Not sure why he's listing it with a high start instead of a reserve confused-smiley-013.gif

You almost never see auctions with very high starting bids do as well as auctions where people can get into bidding wars. Not sure why he's listing it with a high start instead of a reserve

Yeah, I don't understand this practise either, the books often just get ignored. confused-smiley-013.gif

Two comments Joe. I have been all over the country and I can't find a raw one in high grade. I can't afford a graded one 9.4 and above. This is a key book than even if you speculate on will make no difference because you can't go wrong in the long run with this book. I can't imagine what a 9.8 with White pages would go for.

Second. What comics do you collect??