• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question about the X-Men #25 Black & White + Gold Edition Variants

180 posts in this topic

I bet RMA could square this up pretty quick. :(

Well, RMA still has what, three weeks let on his ban? Does anyone have an email address or something to get a hold of him in the mean time? Or will we have to wait it out?

Jeph seems to be a bit of a night owl, so if he answers me, it won't be until later tonight.

Loose lips sink ships... among other things.
lol

I guess I shouldn't have said it doh!

lol

So no one knows the story on how dealers got these variants? One copy per x number ordered ratio or just a one per box type thing? Something else altogether?

13335109.jpg

:signfunny:

That guy is such a quack. I laughed every time he showed up in Ancient Aliens and spouted his craziness. lol

13340889.jpg

Yeah he is nutty. Since there is zero evidence ancient aliens were NOT involved, clearly they must have been involved.

Mr. Giorgio A. Tsoukalos went to Ithaca College in New York, and his degree was in Sports Information & Communications. So clearly he is an expert on ETs.

:signfunny:

That guy is such a quack. I laughed every time he showed up in Ancient Aliens and spouted his craziness. lol

13340889.jpg

Yeah he is nutty. Since there is zero evidence ancient aliens were NOT involved, clearly they must have been involved.

Mr. Giorgio A. Tsoukalos went to Ithaca College in New York, and his degree was in Sports Information & Communications. So clearly he is an expert on ETs.

lol

This issue also has a variant holographic card featuring Magneto.

There were 3 cover variants (Black and white, Gold, and a hologram of Magneto variant) crated for this issue

The Holograms for the Black & White and the Gold Editions are Different. The Hologram that comes on the Black and White Edition is the Same Hologram that comes on the Uncanny X-Men #304 Issue. They didn't make an additional Hologram just for the Black & White Issue they just used the Uncanny X-Men #304 Holo instead of the X-men #25 Holo. The Gold Edition has the same Hologram as the Regular X-Men #25.

The Regular X-Men #25 has a Gambit Hologram

The Black and White X-Men #25 has the Magneto Hologram

The Gold X-Men #25 has the Gambit Hologram

There were 3 cover variants (Black and white, Gold, and a hologram of Magneto variant) crated for this issue

The Holograms for the Black & White and the Gold Editions are Different. The Hologram that comes on the Black and White Edition is the Same Hologram that comes on the Uncanny X-Men #304 Issue. They didn't make an additional Hologram just for the Black & White Issue they just used the Uncanny X-Men #304 Holo instead of the X-men #25 Holo. The Gold Edition has the same Hologram as the Regular X-Men #25.

(thumbs u

I'll take a Black and White 9.8 :grin:

(thumbs u

Yeah, me too!! The B&W seem really hard to get in high grade. All the ones I've seen in hand which is about 12 to 15 and the 2 I own all have had spine and corner problems.

I've only seen 2 Golds in hand and they're the 2 I own and they seem to be in a lot better condition. Also everytime I see the Gold for sale online they look like they're in High Grade.

I think the B&Ws might be condition sensitive. But from what I've heard about these 2 Variants the Gold has the Lower Print Run and it has the Higher Price Guide Value.

(thumbs u

Yeah, me too!! The B&W seem really hard to get in high grade. All the ones I've seen in hand which is about 12 to 15 and the 2 I own all have had spine and corner problems.

I've only seen 2 Golds in hand and they're the 2 I own and they seem to be in a lot better condition. Also everytime I see the Gold for sale online they look like they're in High Grade.

I think the B&Ws might be condition sensitive. But from what I've heard about these 2 Variants the Gold has the Lower Print Run and it has the Higher Price Guide Value.

Only 20 in B&W, so I would assume rarity takes over and will give it a higher value.