• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question about the X-Men #25 Black & White + Gold Edition Variants

180 posts in this topic

Awesome book(s). (thumbs u Yes they do look cool in the CGC holders hm

Yes, they do look very nice in the CGC holders I can't wait to get my 9.8 Gold in hand!! This has been one hard book for me to track down I've never seen a Gold Variant for sale at a Shop or at a Con.

When I get the 9.8 in it'll be the 3rd Gold Variant I own!! I've always loved these Fatal Attractions books I wish they had Variants for the other 5 books in the set!!

Yes, they do look very nice in the CGC holders I can't wait to get my 9.8 Gold in hand!! This has been one hard book for me to track down I've never seen a Gold Variant for sale at a Shop or at a Con.

When I get the 9.8 in it'll be the 3rd Gold Variant I own!! I've always loved these Fatal Attractions books I wish they had Variants for the other 5 books in the set!!

I agree, the Wolverine 75 in black and white would have looked very cool. Shame (shrug)

I want to than Benjamin Grimm for this book:

IMG_0992.jpg

This book looks awesome in my Registry Set :banana:

:golfclap: CONGRATS VERY NICE!! I should also be getting my CGC 9.8 Gold Variant from Ben very soon!! I can't wait till I get mine, I already have 2 Ungraded Copies but these just look a lot better in a CGC Holder with the numbers 9.8 on the Label!!

I'm glad both of the copies I sent in got 9.8s so I could help both of you out in getting what you needed!

Indeed they do look cool in CGC cases :grin:

Awesome!! :applause:

THANK YOU!!

If you look at the CGC Label Number mine is the one right after your's. Your Label Number is 0185618018 and my Label Number is 0185618019. These 2 Books were graded back to back by CGC.

Considering that I submitted 20 comics in the same order, the two Gold variants were the 18th and 19th graded. Guess that would be because I had the comics alphabetically ordered in the box and on the order form. The What If #105 I submitted was label number 0185618020 making it the last one in my order to be graded.

Anyone know the print runs for each of the variants? The B&W and the gold?

That was kind of the point behind this whole thread, but with so little information coming out, it's kind of just become any conversation about the variants whatsoever, really.

While no one has come up with any exact numbers, WDMARVELCOMICS posted this back on page 6:

**UPDATE**

I was talking to a Shop owner last week and he told me that they were Variants based on how many copies Dealers initially ordered.

"He said it wasn't a ratio Variant like today's market but it was something like, for every 200 copies you ordered you got 4 B&Ws and 1 Gold.

He said that, even if you didn't order at least 100 copies you still got 1 B&W.

He said they also gave away an Oversized card that had a Fatal Attractions Hologram on it. You had to order at least 500 copies to get 1 Hologram Card. For every 500 copies you ordered you got 10 B&Ws and 2 Gold and 1 Hologram Card.

He said they also gave away a Sheet that contained all 6 Fatal Attractions Holograms on it you had to order at least 2,500 copies to get 1 Sheet that contained all 6 Fatal Attractions Holograms. For every 2,500 copies you ordered you got 25 B&Ws and 12 Golds and all 6 Oversized Cards with a Hologram and 1 Sheet that contained all 6 Fatal Attractions Holograms.

He said he thinks the B&Ws might be selling for more online just because Marvel was releasing Silver and Gold Cover 2nd Prints in previous years. So some people might think it's a second print or something like that. That might be the reason why people aren't paying more for them, but the Gold has a way lower Print Run than the Black & White and it should be worth a lot more than it is selling for."

He might be right because I know there are Oversized Cards out there that have the Fatal Attractions Holograms on them and I know there's a Hologram Sheet that contains a Set of all 6 Fatal Attractions Holograms.

I can see those numbers being pretty close to being right just because I've never seen a Gold out in the wild except for the 2 that CGC Board Member Benjamin Grimm gave me and I've seen at least 15 or more of the Black & Whites in Shops and at Cons.

I can also see the point he made about the online selling prices of the Gold being so low because of how Marvel was using Gold and Silver Covers for 2nd Prints in previous years.

So far that's best explanation I've heard about the 2 X-Men #25 Variants and it makes sense because I know the Over Sized Hologram Cards and Hologram Sheet/Sets were both Retailer Incentives. But I think he might be a little off on his ratios of how they were distributed.

I've been trying to obtain any and all info on these books for the last 3 to 5 months. Only 1 Dealer seemed to know exactly what I was talking about, when I asked about these 2 books. He seemed pretty confident in what he was telling me.

Has anyone else heard anything about these Variants? Can anyone confirm these numbers?

Got anything to add? :wishluck:

He said he thinks the B&Ws might be selling for more online just because Marvel was releasing Silver and Gold Cover 2nd Prints in previous years. So some people might think it's a second print or something like that. That might be the reason why people aren't paying more for them, but the Gold has a way lower Print Run than the Black & White and it should be worth a lot more than it is selling for."

He might be right because I know there are Oversized Cards out there that have the Fatal Attractions Holograms on them and I know there's a Hologram Sheet that contains a Set of all 6 Fatal Attractions Holograms.

I can also see the point he made about the online selling prices of the Gold being so low because of how Marvel was using Gold and Silver Covers for 2nd Prints in previous years.

(tsk)

(tsk)

:baiting::baiting::baiting::baiting::baiting::baiting::baiting::baiting::baiting:

:sorry:

:angel:

Anyone know the print runs for each of the variants? The B&W and the gold?

That was kind of the point behind this whole thread, but with so little information coming out, it's kind of just become any conversation about the variants whatsoever, really.

While no one has come up with any exact numbers, WDMARVELCOMICS posted this back on page 6:

**UPDATE**

I was talking to a Shop owner last week and he told me that they were Variants based on how many copies Dealers initially ordered.

"He said it wasn't a ratio Variant like today's market but it was something like, for every 200 copies you ordered you got 4 B&Ws and 1 Gold.

He said that, even if you didn't order at least 100 copies you still got 1 B&W.

He said they also gave away an Oversized card that had a Fatal Attractions Hologram on it. You had to order at least 500 copies to get 1 Hologram Card. For every 500 copies you ordered you got 10 B&Ws and 2 Gold and 1 Hologram Card.

He said they also gave away a Sheet that contained all 6 Fatal Attractions Holograms on it you had to order at least 2,500 copies to get 1 Sheet that contained all 6 Fatal Attractions Holograms. For every 2,500 copies you ordered you got 25 B&Ws and 12 Golds and all 6 Oversized Cards with a Hologram and 1 Sheet that contained all 6 Fatal Attractions Holograms.

I can see those numbers being pretty close to being right just because I've never seen a Gold out in the wild except for the 2 that CGC Board Member Benjamin Grimm gave me and I've seen at least 15 or more of the Black & Whites in Shops and at Cons.

So far that's best explanation I've heard about the 2 X-Men #25 Variants and it makes sense because I know the Over Sized Hologram Cards and Hologram Sheet/Sets were both Retailer Incentives. But I think he might be a little off on his ratios of how they were distributed.

I've been trying to obtain any and all info on these books for the last 3 to 5 months. Only 1 Dealer seemed to know exactly what I was talking about, when I asked about these 2 books. He seemed pretty confident in what he was telling me.

Has anyone else heard anything about these Variants? Can anyone confirm these numbers?

Got anything to add? :wishluck:

Thanks for that. Nah got bubkis unfortunately.

hm That's interesting about the gold being rarer. Didn't know that.

(tsk)

Do you know anything about these 2 Variants? :wishluck: I know you know a lot about Comics from this time frame.

I've only been able to find one person who seemed to think they knew what they were and how they were distributed. I would really appreciate it, if you could add any additional info about these Variants or if you can confirm any of the info I've heard about them is correct. Please HELP US!!

I'd be really interested in knowing this too Will. I traded an X-Men 25 B/W 9.8 WP for a NM run of WD issues 2 - 22 this summer :devil: I also have been getting conflicting info and it was my understanding that the B/W one was more valuable and/or rare? Yes, please help us Obi 1 you're our only hope.

Jerome

I'd be really interested in knowing this too Will. I traded an X-Men 25 B/W 9.8 WP for a NM run of WD issues 2 - 22 this summer :devil: I also have been getting conflicting info and it was my understanding that the B/W one was more valuable and/or rare? Yes, please help us Obi 1 you're our only hope.

Jerome

Wow, that was a DAMN GOOD TRADE on your end!! Those Walking Dead Issues #2-5 and #19 are selling for really high prices right now.

Every Price Guide has the Gold Variant listed for Higher Prices than the Black & White Variant.

ComicPriceGuide.com has Raw Copies listed for:

GOLD $30

http://comicpriceguide.com/members/m-indiv.aspx?oHKHtISkvwBm4CUVIkoRN0hrT75qGNShFCJ%2ffAksxOmuKUhFPOShsOy018sLIkgm37TkVhmGsIaB3wrE3cXj8w%3d%3d

BLACK & WHITE $20

http://comicpriceguide.com/members/m-indiv.aspx?oHKHtISkvwBm4CUVIkoRN4nqI2LaxnGqQM5qRFwoxGjUcfslIFdcsoZkOu2%2fR9K2oehJcU69Jf6h%2f4w8PkEcGw%3d%3d

Comicbookrealm.com has Raw Copies listed for:

GOLD $30

http://comicbookrealm.com/series/3/33676/marvel-x-men-vol-2-issue-25b

BLACK & WHITE $15

http://comicbookrealm.com/series/3/33677/marvel-x-men-vol-2-issue-25c

All other Price Guides also list the Gold Variant as having a Higher Book Value than the Black & White Variant.

Based on what I've heard about these 2 Variants and based on what the Price Guides Value these Variants at, the Gold must have the Lower Print Run of the 2.

I must have missed this...

I agree, the Wolverine 75 in black and white would have looked very cool. Shame (shrug)

I looked back at the Wolverine #75 and it definitely would have been neat to see it with a B&W variant. Maybe keep Jean and Jubilee in color like Magneto was in the X-Men #25 variant and make the rest black and white? Anyone got some Photoshop skills? DiceX, want to take a crack at this one?

lol

creepy-thing-in-blanket-2.gif

100_1966.jpg

**A CGC Graded 9.8 of the X-Men #25 Gold Variant just sold on eBay for over $200 + Shipping!! Looks like High Grade Copies might start selling for around the same price or more than High Grade Copies of the X-Men #25 Black & White Variants.**

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&item=290693781292&nma=true&rt=nc&si=myO5FSzRDv0s27bbW3xMHgpPZjw%253D&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc