• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question about the X-Men #25 Black & White + Gold Edition Variants

180 posts in this topic

So do you collect or concentrate on just X-Titles?

Not really, no. Fatal Attractions was one of, if not the first X-Men story arcs that I read as a kid. I first got them in the Marvel Collector's packs at a local dollar store. So I collect the series now. I'm really looking forward to the hardcover collection that's coming out in April.

The other major part of my collection is Ben Reilly Scarlet Spider/Spider-Man.

And I collect the comics that were some of the first ones I ever read/owned, or just ones that I like for whatever reason.

I ran across these books on eBay yesterday, I've never seen them before. They're not part of the Fatal Attractions Story Arc but they have the Fatal Attractions Holograms on the covers.

The Holograms don't look as good a quality as the Fatal Attractions Holograms that are on the Comics but they have the exact same pictures.

Both books feature the 1st Appearances of the Characters instead of the Fatal Attractions Stories.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HTF-1994-X-MEN-HAVOK-HOLOGRAM-COVER-RANDOM-HOUSE-HC-FIRST-PRINTING-MINT-/320840093008?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item4ab38f4d50

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HTF-1994-X-MEN-GAMBIT-HOLOGRAM-COVER-RANDOM-HOUSE-HC-FIRST-PRINTING-MINT-/320840093765?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item4ab38f5045

Aafter trying to research them I could only find these 2 books so I don't think they have a HC for all 6 Holograms.

I thought these were pretty cool, so I thought I'd show them to everyone.

So, could the X-Men #25 Black & White be one of the first B&W covers, were there any others before that?

I don't know if it was the first Black & White or Sketch Variant for Marvel. It might have been the first because I don't remember any others before that one and I've been collecting for almost 30 years now.

I think the only reason it currently sells for more than the Gold online is because it's Black & White and a lot people think Black & White or Sketch Variants are worth more because they're more limited and harder to find. Which isn't the case with this book the Gold Variant has a Lower Print Run than the Black & White and every price guide reflects that with the Gold having the Higher Book Value.

I have sent an email to Marvel requesting information - let's see if I get anywhere. (shrug)

Good luck, I still haven't gotten a response from them...

:pullhair:

I don't they keep track of the numbers or if they do they don't like to tell anyone what they are.

I have asked them the question for research for a book so we can but hope. They should have print run numbers (after all the would have to pay the printer) and I do not know why that would be a secret. Fingers crossed :wishluck:

I have sent an email to Marvel requesting information - let's see if I get anywhere. (shrug)

Good luck, I still haven't gotten a response from them...

:pullhair:

I don't think they keep track of the numbers or if they do they don't like to tell anyone what they are.

I have asked them the question for research for a book so we can but hope. They should have print run numbers (after all the would have to pay the printer) and I do not know why that would be a secret. Fingers crossed :wishluck:

I agree they should know the Print Runs but for some reason they don't like releasing that info.

I really really hope you can get some where with them. :wishluck: I've been wanting to know the Print Runs for these 2 Variants for a long long time now.

I want to than Benjamin Grimm for this book:

IMG_0992.jpg

This book looks awesome in my Registry Set :banana:

:golfclap: CONGRATS VERY NICE!! I should also be getting my CGC 9.8 Gold Variant from Ben very soon!! I can't wait till I get mine, I already have 2 Ungraded Copies but these just look a lot better in a CGC Holder with the numbers 9.8 on the Label!!

IMG_0992.jpg

:golfclap: CONGRATS VERY NICE!! I should also be getting my CGC 9.8 Gold Variant from Ben very soon!! I can't wait till I get mine, I already have 2 Ungraded Copies but these just look a lot better in a CGC Holder with the numbers 9.8 on the Label!!

I'm glad both of the copies I sent in got 9.8s so I could help both of you out in getting what you needed!

IMG_0992.jpg

I'm glad both of the copies I sent in got 9.8s so I could help both of you out in getting what you needed!

Awesome book(s). (thumbs u Yes they do look cool in the CGC holders hm

I'm also Very Glad both copies you sent in got 9.8s!! :grin: