• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bargain Bin back issues?

20 posts in this topic

I'm not sure if any of the big online stores have them that low. I know Torpedo used to have a 75 cent vault full of good stuff. Too bad they closed up shop, I never even put in an order because every time I tried I filled my basket too full and then just left the page before I spent past my budget. I think Milehigh starts at 99 cents but they are always having a 60% off sale.

I found a pretty rare Modern book in the dollar bin of my LCS. I started a thread about it and realized that without even asking for specific names of shops no one wanted to share similar situations.

Many are protective of their turf, like the feral cats that they are. You should literally make the journey to each of the stores in your surrounding neighborhoods and see for yourself.

For on-line, the biggest of the big will have books under a dollar, mycomicshop, mile high, etc.

Is there a list of online/in-store dealers that stock bargain bins (25c, 50c)? Has anyone compiled a list of them? (shrug)

Is there any around the San Francisco area that anyone knows of?

Did you just move to the area? I think that almost all of the shops around SF have bargain bins, although some are $1. Lee's Comics, for example, has both a $1 bin and a $.25 bin, IIRC.

There are alot of dealers on comiccollectorlive that have bargin bins setup, from 99c all the way down to a dime. Might be worth checking out.

Ebay as well. Tons of .99 cent auctions that can`t get bids.

It is a buyers market for 99 percent of the comic book market.

The AF 15s are the one percent!

;)

There are alot of dealers on comiccollectorlive that have bargin bins setup, from 99c all the way down to a dime. Might be worth checking out.

;)

99 cents and $4 s/h means you're paying $5 for a 99 cent comic...

i had been shopping at a store that had made many of its back issues 3/$1. some good pickings in there. the owner did a huge overhaul of everything and started charging a minimum of $2 for back issues, with lots of stuff priced at guide, etc. at that point it's not really worth bending over and looking at the back issue boxes because the chances of me actually finding a generic mid-80s - 2000s book that is worth $2 is pretty slim.

;)

This is why I like comiccollectorlive. Lots of dealers offer free shipping for orders over $20 or $25. Makes buying more worthwhile.

Is there a list of online/in-store dealers that stock bargain bins (25c, 50c)? Has anyone compiled a list of them? (shrug)

I'll send you a PM. A year ago in my downtown Berkeley warehouse space I had 115 long boxes with no duplication, which was essentially every Marvel and DC superhero book from 1966-2008. 1980 and up were mostly $1 each. Now I am mostly back to my usual 1950s to 1970s books.

Many are protective of their turf, like the feral cats that they are. You should literally make the journey to each of the stores in your surrounding neighborhoods and see for yourself.

That is too bad. I thought we are into this hobby for fun, mostly, and sharing information is the way to go... :(

;)

Precisely :cry:

;)

This is why I like comiccollectorlive. Lots of dealers offer free shipping for orders over $20 or $25. Makes buying more worthwhile.

But the speed of their website makes me weep... :(

Did you just move to the area? I think that almost all of the shops around SF have bargain bins, although some are $1. Lee's Comics, for example, has both a $1 bin and a $.25 bin, IIRC.

Nah, have been around for a while... That's strange cuz I checked out Lee's recently and all I could find was 50c bins... I did find some good issues and bought a few from them (thumbs u

;)

But the speed of their website makes me weep... :(

Yeah its coded for but its worth the wait imo if you want books with free shipping and fair prices. I wouldn't go there looking for high grade stuff though.