• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America #33 on Heritage

108 posts in this topic

22, 33 and 37 are definte classics but I can't get past terrible art work on #16, the Skull looks good but the anatomy looks awkward and goof ball Bucky kind of ruins it with a typical useless pose in the back ground [looks like he is hanging from his pants because they are nailed to the wall]. I'm partial to issue #70 as well, simple but cool cover. #3 is cool but a bit too busy.

Agreed, but if we're talking "Bad Buckys", issue #61 wins that contest. In an otherwise good cover, Bucky completely ruins it.

I completely agree; I think Bucky was added by Shores as an afterthought, probably on advice from the front office. If you can imagine the cover without Bucky it's an entirely different composition (100% better).

img_CaptAm61_190-1.jpg

I think I'll hold onto my mid-grade OO GA collection of books from '42 to '54 a little bit longer.

mm

don't hold it to long, Mitch said no more OO GA collection would be available after 2012 so if you don't sell before the year is up, I guess you are SOL. hm

22, 33 and 37 are definte classics but I can't get past terrible art work on #16, the Skull looks good but the anatomy looks awkward and goof ball Bucky kind of ruins it with a typical useless pose in the back ground [looks like he is hanging from his pants because they are nailed to the wall]. I'm partial to issue #70 as well, simple but cool cover. #3 is cool but a bit too busy.

Agreed, but if we're talking "Bad Buckys", issue #61 wins that contest. In an otherwise good cover, Bucky completely ruins it.

I completely agree; I think Bucky was added by Shores as an afterthought, probably on advice from the front office. If you can imagine the cover without Bucky it's an entirely different composition (100% better).

img_CaptAm61_190-1.jpg

Yeah, I can't even figure out where Bucky is, it's like an Escher painting, is he above Cap? in front? behind the rope? is his knee on Cap's neck? then how is he behind the rope? It short-circuted my brain.

Obviously #1 is an iconic cover

I've never been a fan of #1 :sorry:

Once again I'm putting my artist's smock on. The only issue I have with #1 is the placement of the wing on the right side of Cap's mask. Had that been left off (as it couldn't be seen from the angle Cap is facing anyway), the cover would be perfect, IMO. When I look at this cover that's the where my eyes go every time. (shrug)

img_CaptAm61_190-1.jpg

Yeah, I can't even figure out where Bucky is, it's like an Escher painting, is he above Cap? in front? behind the rope? is his knee on Cap's neck? then how is he behind the rope? It short-circuted my brain.

Someone with Flee Marquette's digital manipulation skills could probably remove Bucky's image from this cover and fill it in so that we could have a better idea of how Shores originally envisioned this cover. I'm pretty sure that it would be MUCH more impressive. (thumbs u

Best part of some of the late Cap issues: NO BUCKY!

Yeah. First, Bucky gets slapped, then shot and finally dumped only to be replaced by ... :o ...a foxy femme. I always knew Cap had the right stuff! :devil:

Now if Bucky was modern day Winter Solider cool then that would be something.

Let me state this, GA caps are great. However, if you want the Best return you would be wise to avoid the middle and mannup and pay more and a better copy.

That being said, GA CA's are the most underpriced GA comics out there at the current GUIDE price.

I would not personally buy the cap 4.0 at 2000bucks, no way, but down the road the book could go up to that price say, in 5 years or so. However a 8.0 could go up Ten times as much.

They do not call this GOLD for nothing.

Mitch most high grade Caps are priced to the moon as it is. Nothing wrong with the #33 at $2,000 as there will always be lots of buyers at that level for one of the more sought after issues. In the short term that mid grade copy is probably much more liquid than some expensive high grade copy.. You realize that there hasn't been a GPA recorded sale for that grade [or anything lower than that, no 5.5 either] and the last reported sale for a 5.0 was in 2009. Sure copies have changed hands off Ebay, here, etc but this mid grade is still a good buy at that price level IMO. Don't forget people actually buy comics for the enjoyment, you should try it one day.

img_CaptAm61_190-1.jpg

Someone with Flee Marquette's digital manipulation skills could probably remove Bucky's image from this cover and fill it in so that we could have a better idea of how Shores originally envisioned this cover. I'm pretty sure that it would be MUCH more impressive. (thumbs u

The other giveaway is Bucky overlapping into the title area. It looks so awkward. If it wasn't for the awful Bucky on this cover, I'd definitely want a copy of this book. I just can't get past the screwed up cover.

Let me state this, GA caps are great. However, if you want the Best return you would be wise to avoid the middle and mannup and pay more and a better copy.

That being said, GA CA's are the most underpriced GA comics out there at the current GUIDE price.

I would not personally buy the cap 4.0 at 2000bucks, no way, but down the road the book could go up to that price say, in 5 years or so. However a 8.0 could go up Ten times as much.

They do not call this GOLD for nothing.

Stuff a sock in it. We're talking about comics here, not money.