• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America #33 on Heritage

108 posts in this topic

The best Cap cover from # 26 onward IMHO...I sold my # 33 CGC 5.0 ow a year ago for $1,700...so yah, this price is a little more than I expected for a 4.0

It's good but it ain't no 32 or 38. :baiting:

never liked those too much...26, 28, 33 my favs in that run...32 is a Shores cover and I'm baised to Schomburg.

99 times out 100 I'd go with schomburg but I just like 32. It reminds me of USA 8 which is also a favorite. I love the busy schomburg covers like 38 or Submariner #13.

All Select #2 also rocks! :cloud9:

22, 33 and 37 are definte classics but I can't get past terrible art work on #16, the Skull looks good but the anatomy looks awkward and goof ball Bucky kind of ruins it with a typical useless pose in the back ground [looks like he is hanging from his pants because they are nailed to the wall]. I'm partial to issue #70 as well, simple but cool cover. #3 is cool but a bit too busy.

Agreed, but if we're talking "Bad Buckys", issue #61 wins that contest. In an otherwise good cover, Bucky completely ruins it.

I completely agree; I think Bucky was added by Shores as an afterthought, probably on advice from the front office. If you can imagine the cover without Bucky it's an entirely different composition (100% better).

img_CaptAm61_190-1.jpg

I loved this cover before that thought and now imagining it without Bucky :cloud9:

22, 33 and 37 are definte classics but I can't get past terrible art work on #16, the Skull looks good but the anatomy looks awkward and goof ball Bucky kind of ruins it with a typical useless pose in the back ground [looks like he is hanging from his pants because they are nailed to the wall]. I'm partial to issue #70 as well, simple but cool cover. #3 is cool but a bit too busy.

Agreed, but if we're talking "Bad Buckys", issue #61 wins that contest. In an otherwise good cover, Bucky completely ruins it.

I completely agree; I think Bucky was added by Shores as an afterthought, probably on advice from the front office. If you can imagine the cover without Bucky it's an entirely different composition (100% better).

I loved this cover before that thought and now imagining it without Bucky :cloud9:

Flee Marquette came through again!!! :headbang:

Flee worked his magic here big time; now, you can actually see what the cover should've been. This then, is the Timely that wasn't:

bucky-removal.gif

What do you think?

Let's all give a rousing cheer for Flee!!! :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

I happen to collect ski covers, and for me, Cap 25 is one of my favorites. Interesting use of color, and Shores' delineation is great.

Parenthetially, as I was reading thru this thread, one quote stood out. Mitch, you're better than this:

SS been buying and enjoying comics before you were born my boy.

the above calls to mind a certain Brulato quotation...

this one made my stomach lurch just a bit. i won't say more, because i'm afriad it'll provoke my friend cat into another impassioned defense of our boy mitch.

Obviously #1 is an iconic cover

I've never been a fan of #1 :sorry:

sorry, and i do wish you a full return to mental health.

Never been much of a Simon fan. Now if it had been a Jack Kirby cover ...

all this arguing the merit of cap covers has me about ready to undertake the 78 and backwards endeavor like we did with the mm's.

Do it!

this one made my stomach lurch just a bit. i won't say more, because i'm afriad it'll provoke my friend cat into another impassioned defense of our boy mitch.

:grin: The accused is always entitled to a spirited defense even in the court of public opinion, ...right councilor? :baiting:

hm Wait a minute! :o Come to think of it, as a public defender in this case I'd be the only one who isn't an attorney! :facepalm:

Let me state this, GA caps are great. However, if you want the Best return you would be wise to avoid the middle and mannup and pay more and a better copy.

That being said, GA CA's are the most underpriced GA comics out there at the current GUIDE price.

I would not personally buy the cap 4.0 at 2000bucks, no way, but down the road the book could go up to that price say, in 5 years or so. However a 8.0 could go up Ten times as much.

They do not call this GOLD for nothing.

Look, I like Mitch for his enthusiasm and for his amusing typos, but this stuff really annoys the krrap outta me. There is a big big difference between honest advice and making relentless efforts to devalue things that other people might be selling and pound an incessant drum that the books you own (or that are in the category you own) are not just more valuable but are, in fact, the ONLY things that are investment worthy at all, and the only things that will ever be valuable. It is extremely difficult to conclude you are giving advice about what you think will happen nearly so much as you are trying to make it happen specifically and solely because you want to damage the value of other people's items and inflate the value of your own.

You are a buffoon! Do you have any idea how old I am?

......early 70's :baiting: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u