• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HA.COM

123 posts in this topic

I bought a bunch of stuff last week using Paypal. No problems on my end.

I've used Paypal on my last three transactions and it was easy. And if your CC is linked to Paypal you could still use a CC on HA, just through Paypal as the middleman.

The fact that Heritage decided to stop accepting credit cards is somewhat disturbing to me. I've made a few purchases from them since arriving on the scene about 6 months ago and always paid with my CC (they even offer a 1% discount if you do a wire). I get better perks with my CC than they can offer.

If they've reversed this and are limited CC transactions to $2500, that's a step in the right direction. I haven't made any purchases that exceed this amount, however, it certainly discourages me from making larger purchases in the future (or seeking out a competing vendor).

I'm going to email all the head guys there and express my disappointment. Even though I'm a small fish at this time, my goal is to ramp up my spending/inventory and HA was a very viable option...will it continue to be who knows??

I think over the next decade you will see a strong shift away from credit in many if not all facets of business. :wishluck:

I disagree....credit is what makes the world go round. If people are cut off from credit, purchases will grind to a halt and business as we know it will cease..

Now people's access to credit may change but I can't see businesses not taking credit as a form of payment.

I think over the next decade you will see a strong shift away from credit in many if not all facets of business. :wishluck:

I disagree....credit is what makes the world go round. If people are cut off from credit, purchases will grind to a halt and business as we know it will cease..

Now people's access to credit may change but I can't see businesses not taking credit as a form of payment.

Well, thats exactly what this thread is about. The credit crunch is coming from both ways. Lenders tightening up and businesses wanting to deal in cash as credit card fees rise and income reporting via plastic/web payments becoming more heavily regulated.

The fact that Heritage decided to stop accepting credit cards is somewhat disturbing to me. I've made a few purchases from them since arriving on the scene about 6 months ago and always paid with my CC (they even offer a 1% discount if you do a wire). I get better perks with my CC than they can offer.

If they've reversed this and are limited CC transactions to $2500, that's a step in the right direction. I haven't made any purchases that exceed this amount, however, it certainly discourages me from making larger purchases in the future (or seeking out a competing vendor).

I'm going to email all the head guys there and express my disappointment. Even though I'm a small fish at this time, my goal is to ramp up my spending/inventory and HA was a very viable option...will it continue to be who knows??

I have always found Heritage to be very cooperative with its customers.

Anyone who has an issue with them or wishes to raise a question should most certainly call or e-mail. They also allow for 6 month payment plans.

Just to set the record straight and so that there is no confusion.....

As many of you already know, Heritage has changed its credit card policies due to the high fees (roughly 2-3%) charged by the credit card companies and PayPal.

From what I was told, this was not an over-night decision, and it sure was not one Heritage wanted to make. Heritage had been discussing their options on credit cards before I even arrived there, literally for several years, and they were well aware of what problems some buyer's would have with the decision as shown in this thread as well as the other thread that came before this one. That's one of the many reasons it took so long for this policy to be implemented. BTW....During the first few months they have been allowing past clients’ charges up to $10,000 (on a one-time basis) as a transition if they were unaware of the change.

Heritage understands very well that this change could be an inconvenience for those of you with invoices in the $2,500-$10,000 range. For those of you here that are not aware, Heritage does offer an Extended Payment Plan (We call it: EPP) on invoices above $2,500 that allows you to take up to four months to pay (of course, you can pay sooner if you want) – they don't usually don’t limit credit cards when you pay this way, and never charge a prepayment penalty for early payments. There is, however, a 3% set up fee (entirely waived if all payments are timely made by check or wire), and a monthly 1% interest charge on any unpaid balance only. For more information on how to take 4 months to pay, visit this link: http://www.ha.com/common/contactus.php?ref=&txtTopicID=26#answer Many of my friends and clients use this option on a regular basis. You may also pay quickly and easily with eCheck.

Just so there is no misundersatnding: The 3% EPP set-up fee is not refundable if you end up choosing to pay by credit card.

If you have any questions, please contact me anytime by email at steveb@ha.com or by phone: 214-409-1337. If you already have someone who you work with at Heritage, and would feel more comfortable speaking with them, then please free to contact and discuss your concerns with them.

Hope to see some of you at the New Orleans show this weekend! (thumbs u

-Steve

I had similar thoughts, I have been buying quite a bit. I pay my credit card balance regularly but I use it for points and as a back up if I don't have liquid cash on hand when I see an amazing buying opportunity. I guess I will limit any bids to my cash on hand. This is actually good news for buyers as it should keep some bidders down, for sellers this may not be such good news.

As many of you already know, Heritage has changed its credit card policies due to the high fees (roughly 2-3%) charged by the credit card companies and PayPal

I know you are an employee now but you just made things worse as far as I am concerned. High fees? That statement is a slap in the face. HA has raised their fees well beyond the rest of the market.

Heritage sales last year : $813,943,690 .

Nearly 1 Billion dollars. Not million, billion. At 34.5%

That is rougly $281 million dollars in sales.

I used to buy all the time with Heritage, there is zero chance of me going back now.

I am done with Heritage..

Just to set the record straight and so that there is no confusion.....

As many of you already know, Heritage has changed its credit card policies due to the high fees (roughly 2-3%) charged by the credit card companies and PayPal.

From what I was told, this was not an over-night decision, and it sure was not one Heritage wanted to make. Heritage had been discussing their options on credit cards before I even arrived there, literally for several years, and they were well aware of what problems some buyer's would have with the decision as shown in this thread as well as the other thread that came before this one. That's one of the many reasons it took so long for this policy to be implemented. BTW....During the first few months they have been allowing past clients’ charges up to $10,000 (on a one-time basis) as a transition if they were unaware of the change.

Heritage understands very well that this change could be an inconvenience for those of you with invoices in the $2,500-$10,000 range. For those of you here that are not aware, Heritage does offer an Extended Payment Plan (We call it: EPP) on invoices above $2,500 that allows you to take up to four months to pay (of course, you can pay sooner if you want) – they don't usually don’t limit credit cards when you pay this way, and never charge a prepayment penalty for early payments. There is, however, a 3% set up fee (entirely waived if all payments are timely made by check or wire), and a monthly 1% interest charge on any unpaid balance only. For more information on how to take 4 months to pay, visit this link: http://www.ha.com/common/contactus.php?ref=&txtTopicID=26#answer Many of my friends and clients use this option on a regular basis. You may also pay quickly and easily with eCheck.

Just so there is no misundersatnding: The 3% EPP set-up fee is not refundable if you end up choosing to pay by credit card.

If you have any questions, please contact me anytime by email at steveb@ha.com or by phone: 214-409-1337. If you already have someone who you work with at Heritage, and would feel more comfortable speaking with them, then please free to contact and discuss your concerns with them.

Hope to see some of you at the New Orleans show this weekend! (thumbs u

-Steve

Steve, how do you not have a custom title?

As many of you already know, Heritage has changed its credit card policies due to the high fees (roughly 2-3%) charged by the credit card companies and PayPal

I know you are an employee now but you just made things worse as far as I am concerned. High fees? That statement is a slap in the face. HA has raised their fees well beyond the rest of the market.

I'll second this. It's a joke that HA, they of the 19% buyers fee, is whining about the 3% fee on credit purchases.