• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action #1 listed on C-link

331 posts in this topic

I don't mind color touch when its small and you can barely see it but I have to say I hate it when its really prevalent, or noticeable at arm's length or in a scan. The blue touch at top left corner & other places is plain as day.

I guess I'll have to make do with my current copy.

Errr wait, does the 1988 reprint count? :tonofbricks:

It stands out because the cover looks like its been washed to death.

Someone explain to me why the seller would sell this book after winning it just 5 months ago at Heritage. Its too early to flip it after paying the highest price for a restored book. He paid almost 150K then and now, if he could sell it at full pop at Comiclink at asking price, he woulds lose when you factor in the 10% sellers commission. Why? Did the book Not sell at Heritage?

Someone explain to me why the seller would sell this book after winning it just 5 months ago at Heritage. Its too early to flip it after paying the highest price for a restored book. He paid almost 150K then and now, if he could sell it at full pop at Comiclink at asking price, he woulds lose when you factor in the 10% sellers commission. Why? Did the book Not sell at Heritage?

I think anyone who's been around a lot of collectors will tell you that this is not uncommon. People decide to get in and out of comics, find something they want more, need the money for other things, etc, etc. It happens all the time.

I think anyone who's been around a lot of collectors will tell you that this is not uncommon. People decide to get in and out of comics, find something they want more, need the money for other things, etc, etc. It happens all the time.

But paying a record amount and then within a short period of time taking a potential 10-25K loss is not reasonable nor believeable. Maybe on a 1k book your theory applies but not a 150K book(Action #1), at least this soon.

But paying a record amount and then within a short period of time taking a potential 10-25K loss is not reasonable nor believeable. Maybe on a 1k book your theory applies but not a 150K book(Action #1), at least this soon.

his theory is correct, the buyer ran into some financial issues and is forced to sell at a loss. Happens. His unfortunate loss will be someone else's gain

his theory is correct, the buyer ran into some financial issues and is forced to sell at a loss. Happens. His unfortunate loss will be someone else's gain
Yep! (thumbs u

SS how Dare you belittle, cut down, or call common the king of comics....this is action #1 we are talking about. This is the book that started it all.........ok I am kidding.

Now, Restored books...... a sensitive subject on the boards....buyers remorse....

....he wants the billy 3.0 UNRESTORED....here is my conclusion.

Sometimes a collector begins slow and builds up. He was cheap when it came to waiting for a unrestored action #1 and went for it at 150K...for the 8.0.

Well folks a 8.0 restored aint what it used be....and this guy wants to trade up, he realized his mistake, to the tune of $150,000.00.......

PT barum said it..".there is a sucker born every minute"

Now, Restored books...... a sensitive subject on the boards....buyers remorse....

Sometimes a collector begins slow and builds up. He was cheap when it came to waiting for a unrestored action #1 and went for it at 150K...for the 8.0.

Well folks a 8.0 restored aint what it used be....and this guy wants to trade up, he realized his mistake, to the tune of $150,000.00.......

With all do respect, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Comicdonna, let me ask you this, would you spend $150.000.00 on a restored comic book.........I do not think so, only a "sucker" or a rich person who started out cheap would ever buy this comic book and sell it for a loss after getting it, assuming that the 150K he paid plus shipping to Ha.com and the new auction house gets paid a proper amount.

SS how Dare you belittle, cut down, or call common the king of comics....this is action #1 we are talking about. This is the book that started it all.........ok I am kidding.

If he wanted to go after the 3.0 Action #1( I don't blame him if he does), he could just re-consign his Action #1M(P) back to HA at a favourable fee, and it would go towards his other purchase(s). Therefore, your theory holds no water..