• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which do you consider undervalued?

26 posts in this topic

Here are some late silver age Marvels. Which do you consider undervalued at current prices; or overvalued? By the way, I am referring to 9.2 or 9.4 prices (if this would make a difference overall):

Here are the comics in question...

Silver Surfer #1

Captain America #100

Hulk # 102

Fantastic Four # 48

Thor #126

Thanks for taking the time to answer.

'mint'

I wouldn't say that any of them are undervalued. Most of the undervalued books are 1950's material....although ST 110 and 115 could arguably be considered undervalued, as could B&B 28. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Here are some late silver age Marvels. Which do you consider undervalued at current prices; or overvalued? By the way, I am referring to 9.2 or 9.4 prices (if this would make a difference overall):

Silver Surfer #1

Captain America #100

Hulk # 102

Fantastic Four # 48

Thor #126

Thanks for taking the time to answer.

'mint'

I think you're missing 4 books that are key for any conversation from this timeframe:

Captain Marvel #1

Nick Fury #1

Namor #1

Iron Man #1

From your list and mine combined, I think the only book 'slightly' undervalued is Nick Fury #1.

I don't see any of these books being undervalued. All of them, at one time or another, had a surge in price and are now trending downward. An undervalued book will still be awaiting it's surge upward.

Agreed. There are lots of copies of these books floating around and I can only

imagine that any increase in price will lead to more copies getting graded and

driving down the price.

Of all the books listed FF48 is the most solid investment and offers better chance for a return. That would be the book I would choose.

Out of the books mentioned on this list the FF 48 is definitely the most desired, I believe, due to the first appearance of two significant characters, the start of a major historic storyline and an iconic cover. However, they are so plentiful on the market that the value increase seems minimal at this point.

They're all significantly overvalued.

+1. Just imagine how many nice copies of these issues are still tucked away in collections that have never been publicly available for sale.

Even if another copy never materialized and you didn't have the overhang to deal with, there are already a bazillion NM and better copies in the Census. Even if you then further chop down the Census as having duplicates from resubs, there are still a zillion NM and better copies. It amazes me that prices haven't settled down on these books in the same way that they finally did for Hulk 181, GSX 1 and UX 94.

Hell, there are actually more 9.9 copies of Iron Man 1 (2) and Captain America 100 (2) than Hulk 181 (1), GSX 1 (0) and UX 94 (0), which is really shocking.

This is what I wanted to know. I thank you guys. Any recommendations for undervalued books, not on the list? I myself am amazed at the surge in price for Cap 100.

What about Sgt. Fury #1? I was at my shop the other day, they had a couple of ASM #1s, a bunch of early FF, including a number 1, and always have tons of good stuff.

There was a Sgt. Fury #1 on the wall that I asked about bec. i recently picked one up in about 4-4.5 and wanted to compare. Theirs was a 2 and was priced at $225 -- that's right at guide, but they told me that it was a book they had only seen one other time in 7 years.

Is there a renewed interest in Fury coming with the movie? Is this book really that scarce? This shop has one of the best back issue selections I've ever seen and are always pricing new stuff they've acquired.

Silver Surfer #1

Captain America #100

Hulk # 102

Fantastic Four # 48

Thor #126

'mint'

None are in any way, shape or form undervalued. None of these comics are at all hard to find. It's the vagaries of demand that have pushed their prices up to current levels.

The Captain America and the Thor are the most overvalued due to the movie blip factor. Like I say, as comics they're very easy to find.

:preach:

This is what I wanted to know. I thank you guys. Any recommendations for undervalued books, not on the list? I myself am amazed at the surge in price for Cap 100.

What about Sgt. Fury #1? I was at my shop the other day, they had a couple of ASM #1s, a bunch of early FF, including a number 1, and always have tons of good stuff.

There was a Sgt. Fury #1 on the wall that I asked about bec. i recently picked one up in about 4-4.5 and wanted to compare. Theirs was a 2 and was priced at $225 -- that's right at guide, but they told me that it was a book they had only seen one other time in 7 years.

Is there a renewed interest in Fury coming with the movie? Is this book really that scarce? This shop has one of the best back issue selections I've ever seen and are always pricing new stuff they've acquired.

Good call, but the train has left the station to some degree.

Strange Tales #110 and #115 as someone else noted. I still think X-men #1,Dare-Devil #1 and Tales of Suspense # 39 will be considered undervalued 5 years from now. Why? Disney will keep promoting these characters like there is no tommorrow in the upcoming decades. It`s always good to have DISNEY on your marketing team. ;)