• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Doesn't anyone visit the magazine forum?

31 posts in this topic

It is unfortunate that this forum is so dead. I would love to see a resurgence in magazine love. I think a lot of collectors think that the comic magazines are full of articles rather than comics. The good news is that magazines typically fly under the radar and can be had for a song. Though I have noticed the Eerie publications have been selling strongly on ebay.

I check it a couple of times a day.

I'm close to having more mags in my collection than comics.

Honestly, aside from a couple of comics, I love my mags more. :cloud9:

I think I have mentioned this before that the title of this forum needs to change to Comic Magazines, Fanzines & Undergrounds. It will bring more visitors to this forum.

Throw in Pulps and we might have another 2 or 3 folks showing up a year!

I think it's the limited # of titles/issues that scare people off. But if you expand your thinking into other illustrated type magazines like the "men's magazines" posted before, raunchy humor mags, western illustrated/pulp type magazines, ellery queen type stuff, etc. maybe it will be a bit broader.

I think I have mentioned this before that the title of this forum needs to change to Comic Magazines, Fanzines & Undergrounds. It will bring more visitors to this forum.

Throw in Pulps and we might have another 2 or 3 folks showing up a year!

I think it's the limited # of titles/issues that scare people off. But if you expand your thinking into other illustrated type magazines like the "men's magazines" posted before, raunchy humor mags, western illustrated/pulp type magazines, ellery queen type stuff, etc. maybe it will be a bit broader.

Generally I agree - though traditional pulps find plenty of love in the Golden Age section.

Since mag sized comics, undergrounds and fanzines all live on the Isle of misfit comics, it does make some sense to lump them in this forum. I'd also include portfolios.