• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Overstreet's World of Comics video

19 posts in this topic

Love the way that guy was man handling that AS #15 out of the bag. Jeez.

On the plus side, there's footage of Jerry Weist (RIP). His store, the Million Year Picnic in Cambridge, MA was my favorite LCS when I was a kid.

Very cool i was hoping for some prices to be thrown out to make me depressed at how much they are today, but o well. Now if you can just take Todd McFarlaine out of the whole thing it would have been perfect lol

On the plus side, there's footage of Jerry Weist (RIP). His store, the Million Year Picnic in Cambridge, MA was my favorite LCS when I was a kid.

I may have had quite a few pints, but the guy manhandling the AF15 looks to be a young stephen fishler/metropolis

I may have had quite a few pints, but the guy manhandling the AF15 looks to be a young stephen fishler/metropolis

That is the Fish

I was just browsing for comic-related videos on my Roku and found this one on YouTube. Great footage and interviews!

I still have my original VHS copy of this video, but need to transfer it to digital before it decays. I was at the show where the video was shot, but sadly didn't make the cut :cry:

I was just browsing for comic-related videos on my Roku and found this one on YouTube. Great footage and interviews!

I still have my original VHS copy of this video, but need to transfer it to digital before it decays. I was at the show where the video was shot, but sadly didn't make the cut :cry:
Maybe you are in the Director's cut...you know the PG-rated version ?

Early this morning I put this on TV and really enjoyed it. There's a lot going on with this documentary.The timeline is very interesting. It may be a last glimpse of comic collecting pre-eBay, pre-encapsulation, right at the cusp of the 90's collapse. They mention "1993" a few times and the VHS was released in '95, so I'm guessing it was filmed at the '94 SDCC.My favorite parts were the EC OA discussion and interviews with early creators. :cloud9: Thanks again for posting the link. Good stuff. 513nWmV-b9L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Wow...Phil Levine and my old boss Steve Geppi--among many others--within the first 10 minutes. What a weird era.

The '90s were fun and embarrassing, weren't they? Kinda like the '70s, but with the addition of widely available home video technology...

Fun video. It would have been helpful if they indicated who was speaking. Besides oversteet, geppi, Shooter and ellison who were named, I'm sure I would have recognized the names of the other dealers interviewed.

+ 1 Thanks for posting this link. That was a great watch. So many comic people on there. I especially enjoyed the Carl Barks parts.

But not a single mention or depiction of Plastic Man :(

Anyone ( Bill ? ) know what year this was made ?