• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AF 15 raw

51 posts in this topic

what do you all think of this:

I can get this for 13K. You get 10K of coverage protection through paypal for items not as described. I have detailed correspondence through ebay about blue label guarantees. No grade guarantee though. I can send 10K via paypal and 3K outside paypal. So I'd be protected for 10K. I'd press and send to CGC immediately.

So I can have this at a 5.5 price, with what I consider minimum-ish risk.

Thoughts?

First you tell us the seller AND then we can tell you if you're safe or not.

his name is Tim, goes by moneyguy925 on ebay...

here's a link to another AF15 he was selling on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120855389282&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBUAA:US:3160#ht_500wt_1153

his original owner "client's" (an old female) deceased husband owned 3 copies...

All of his other books are graded. It's a red flag is a MEGA key isn't.

guess what? I think I'm gonna go for it! doh!

i'll get correspondence through ebay/paypal that if it comes back anything other than blue 5.0 or above, I get full refund (press/slab costs on me)

don't tell my wife...

I can get this for 13K. You get 10K of coverage protection through paypal for items not as described. I have detailed correspondence through ebay about blue label guarantees. No grade guarantee though. I can send 10K via paypal and 3K outside paypal. So I'd be protected for 10K. I'd press and send to CGC immediately.

Thoughts?

Pressing the book would void any warranty made by the seller . . . :whistle:

Thoughts?

not. already verbally agreed and will put that in the correspondence.

Thoughts?

It appears that you have listened to no one here, so why did you ask for our opinions? (shrug)

Thoughts?

It appears that you have listened to no one here, so why did you ask for our opinions? (shrug)

(a) I listened. (b) I took in peoples' VARIED comments and am making MY OWN decision © just want valued opinions going in with eyes wide open

Thoughts?

and some have commented on risks, but not taking into account the protections that I have offered up - would like thoughts on those too

Thoughts?

(a) I listened. (b) I took in peoples' VARIED comments and am making MY OWN decision © just want valued opinions going in with eyes wide open

buying keys non cgcd is silly especially when you're paying slabbed prices.

and some have commented on risks, but not taking into account the protections that I have offered up - would like thoughts on those too

My thoughts: protections/schmotections :blahblah:

Do you really think PayPal's going to fork over 10K to you if you're unhappy? :screwy:

And what about the other 3K?

And what's your recourse? Small claims court? (No.) The court of human kindness? Best of luck to you.

Looking at his completed auctions.. seems like hes sold alot of AF 15's. hm

I would touch that with a 10ft pole 2c

+1 Told the OP he had three and has sold six in his completed listings.

this is one of the case that we just have to let Racer do what he wants and wish him luck.

not much left to say or convince.

someone with skills should put the clip from the movie Taken where the kidnapper said "good luck"

Greed. He's hopes a press will give him a 6.0+. Guess what. If its 6.0 material it would be in a slab demanding 20,000$. Anyhow, good luck to you. Better off putting it on red at the taj mahal.

um...hoping to press a 5 to a 6 is greed? hm. but you have all swayed me against it...finally. and the wife knows not a whit of what almost transpired...