• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NEW CGC Grades

48 posts in this topic

If you look at the Xmen book, the FC shows a book that appears to not be slabbed. The BC shows a book that is slabbed...possibly two different books! :(

really hard to tell from those crappy pics. i sent him a message asking about the 8.3 grade and asked him to post a pic of the front label if he expects to have any luck.

we'll see...

What's the GPA on the last 8.3?

Apparently 4 have sold...12 month average of $1143.17 and 90 day average of $1028.91

Has the little down arrow so maybe trending down??

Did you include the last sale?????? lol

Oh SNAP... :grin:

Wont answer Question from Canadians... Can someone from USA send him an email asking for scan of front of book?

Here's his response; he seems to be saying that he put up the listing when he was tired late at night. He neglected to tell me the correct grade nor did he send me a pic of the label.

BUT, he has changed the grade to 8.0 on E-bay.

Hey Wonderful Wally,, Thanks for your help.. Apparently someone is playing too late.. lol.. Regards, W. Thompson 503 740-5442

That's funny...I got a different response:

Dear columbiacomics,

Hey,, Thanks for the note.. These are all athentic and sorry about the pics. He sent the pics over this way, and I asked him for the same pics.. He told me to list it this way.. I guarantee this to be authentic. Shoot me some offers.. No worries. Please check my feedback for assurances. Regards, W. Thompson 503 740-5442

- ambassadoors

My ? is...who is he??

Wont answer Question from Canadians... Can someone from USA send him an email asking for scan of front of book?

Well... A scammer with class now? hm

:facepalm:

Those pictures are sooooo damn bad I really don't even know if your normal eBay dummy buyer will jump on any of these.

My money is on hijacked account, or an insufficiently_thoughtful_person trying to sell these comics on behalf of someone who is going to be ripping him off. Think of consignment for dummies with the seller being the dummy. :)

Really though as someone else mentioned these pictures are all of someone snapping shots of the comics up on what looks like a CRT monitor. In a couple of the pictures you can make out parts of a website on the right side or even some words below the picture like on the Amazing Spiderman 13.

Just hope ebay shuts this punk down before he cons anyone....

I'm not exactly sure how he would con someone with eBay's strong buyer protection policy. I mean, say someone was dumb enough to buy one of these books and they either A) got nothing or B) got a significantly different item.

While I initially thought it was a con, I'm not so sure now. I just think the seller is a complete @hole and doesn't konw what they're doing. From the responses I got from him, he's selling these from someone else and didn't take any photos himself. And it does look like he took a photo of a CRT monitor...

It would be interesting to see if a low ball offer got a hit...b/c worst case you get a refund and nail them with a neg....eBay won't allow a buyer to lose any money (as we all know)