• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic book men tonight on AMC after Walking Dead

265 posts in this topic

Not sure if this was mentioned before but looks interesting...

"AMC's new unscripted one hour series, Comic Book Men, dives deep into fanboy culture by following the antics in and around master fanboy Kevin Smith’s New Jersey comic shop, Jay and Silent Bob’s Secret Stash. The six part series documents the daily banter of the Stash staff and customers as they geek out over mind-blowing pop culture artifacts and the legends behind them. Comic Book Men features Secret Stash employees Walt, manager and de-facto leader; Mike, a comic book virtuoso; Ming, the store’s technical expert and go-to whipping boy; and Bryan, who doesn’t actually work at the Stash, yet can always be found perched on a stool behind the front counter. As the team buys, sells and discovers the treasures of the comic collecting world, they share all the juicy details with Kevin through their outrageous podcast, which is woven throughout the series. The Secret Stash is not only a place for these comic book men to buy and sell, but it’s also a refuge for many to hang out and be part of a community that loves comics.

Complementing the show are a host of online activities and extra video scenes at AMCTV.com, including episode sneak peeks, extra scenes, photo galleries and a talk forum.

Comic Book Men premieres Sun., Feb. 12 at 10/9c."

CGC Detective Comics 35 1.5 for 300 bucks huh. where can I sign up for that?

What the heck are they smoking?!

These are comic book guys? I'm sure they'd give 10k for an X-Force 1 9.8. Not very impressed.

First items come from a store in South Jersey me and my friend took a trip down to was in 2 months ago. The guy who came in owns a store called "Its A Toy Store". While I was there I asked him if he had any key Batman and he whipped out that Detective 35. I was blown away (never seen it before in person). I asked how much and he said $12k.

I then saw the Bob Kane art he had behind his counter and I asked how much and he said not for sale. He said it was priceless. The guy knew exactly what he had.

He now walks into the store (that has no book worth more than $35) willing to sell a piece he was not willing to put a pricetag on? I call bull.

First items come from a store I was in last month. The guy who came in owns a store called Its A Toy Store. While I was there I asked him if he had any key Batman and he whipped out that Detc 35 for 12k. The art he had behind his counter and I asked how much and he said not for sale (it's priceless). He then walked into the store ready to apparently sell. Yeah right.

This episode was probably filmed a while ago.

That Kane sketch is only worth about $400-600. I picked up a Kane Batman sketch for about that much recently.

They mixed the prices up on the Tec #35 and the sketch.

These guys don't have a clue.

The banter is insufferable. They need more product and less talking or this show gets canceled sooner rather than later.

Yup. The talk is not funny at all.

:tonofbricks: