• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ROUND 11: Guess The Grade

69 posts in this topic

8.0....that's a pretty serious scuff on the lower spine.....

....says the guy near the bottom of the standings.... 893frustrated.gifsmirk.gif

Jim

foreheadslap.gif I guess I was talking to myself!

27_laughing.gif you've been slapping your head a lot today nico foreheadslap.gif

everything okay? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

flowerred.gif

....says the guy near the bottom of the standings.... 893frustrated.gifsmirk.gif

Jim

Thanks Jim...now I know what grade not to use... 27_laughing.gif ... tongue.gif

Jim

foreheadslap.gif I guess I was talking to myself!

OK....8.5 then....if allowed of course.....

I don't read any posts before I list my grade so I'm not influenced.....maybe that's my problem..... 893frustrated.gif

Jim

Jim

Thanks Jim...now I know what grade not to use... 27_laughing.gif ... tongue.gif

thumbsup2.gif Spoken like a true analyst! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Usual BS work related stress, and waiting for a reply for a nice collection of BA Marvels & DCs.

lol I agree BS, work, and stress are the three words that always find thier way into my vocabulary. Feel better. hi.gif

Nik,

I'll take that abandoned VF 8.0! That's no "printer's error" - if CGC calls it that, or if it grades any higher, then the book was submitted by either Herit(act your) age, (NotSo)NeatStuff, or Metro(shill)polis!

cheers, and thanks for the fun! insane.gif

Nik,

I'll take that abandoned VF 8.0! That's no "printer's error" - if CGC calls it that, or if it grades any higher, then the book was submitted by either Herit(act your) age, (NotSo)NeatStuff, or Metro(shill)polis!

27_laughing.gif No, that book was submitted by yours truly. But in referance to

Heritage ( Their books are not that bad)

Metropolis ( Very positive experiance buying from them)

NeatStuff 27_laughing.gif ( Burned Once 893naughty-thumb.gif and the guys pic just plain scares me) 27_laughing.gif

Nik,

NeatStuff 27_laughing.gif ( Burned Once 893naughty-thumb.gif and the guys pic just plain scares me) 27_laughing.gif

Jeez, you're so much as tellin' me that I''m too low - but I'll stick with it.

Further thoughts: Heritage - buy 'em CGC'd.

Metropolis - They buy and sell among themselves to set new "record price" for what they own.

Neat Stuff - bad on every level - overgraded, sloooooow service, inadequate packing, AND they think they're the best!

shocked.gif

Nik,

Metropolis - They buy and sell among themselves to set new "record price" for what they own.

Neat Stuff - bad on every level - overgraded, sloooooow service, inadequate packing, AND they think they're the best!

shocked.gif

You sure like to badmouth the top of the food chain. Got any bits of wisdom about Bob Storms, Jay Parrino, Mark Wilson, and Rob Roter while you're at it? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Nik,

shocked.gif

You sure like to badmouth the top of the food chain. Got any bits of wisdom about Bob Storms, Jay Parrino, Mark Wilson, and Rob Roter while you're at it? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Nope, just callin' like I see 'em - person_without_enough_empathyin' shirt btw! cool.gif

Nik,

shocked.gif

Nope, just callin' like I see 'em - person_without_enough_empathyin' shirt btw! cool.gif

What is this business about Metro? 'Splain please Lucy! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

9.2 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

ffb,

OK, here's how it goes. Say you got a real nice copy, 9.6 Defenders #10, and your sitting on about ten or 20 of these babies, raw or slabbed - doesn't matter. Market price might be $150-200. You list the CGC 9.6 and have your friendly shill bid it up $350-500, selling it to yourself if you have to. Do this 5 times in the year, and Overstreet notes the increase, CBG notes the sales, and at the end of the year Overstreet raises the guide price, or better yet, talks about how hot the book is in its monthly market sheet.

Bingo - you have raiised the value of the books you own. Now extrapolate this technique to some real comers AF15, TOS39, JIM83, and you see what I'm getting at. Hell, your shills can even be "legitimate businessmen", like Tony Soprano, fer instance.

Whaddya, whaddya? Who's Metro btw?

smirk.gif